British Float Tube Association
August 20, 2019, 02:59:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: This years proposed dates  (Read 13710 times)
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: December 22, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »

2016 dates

Date         Venue       Organiser            Confirmed                           Date               Venue              Organiser            

Apr-02   Wimbleball     Kevin Primmer   confirmed                           Feb-20    Toft  Newton      Steve Naylor            Confirmed      
new date to be arranged Blagdon      Kevin Primmer                          Mar-12      Elinor             Steve Naylor           Confirmed  
                                                                                                       May 7th.   Elinor.             Andre.        Confirmed
May-14   Drift           Dave Williams  confirmed                              Apr-09     Barnsfold         Martin Mayers     Confirmed
May-21  Kennick      Kevin P             confirmed                                 Apr-23      Colwick           Steve Frakes     Confirmed
Jun-4. Burrator   new date          confirmed                                  May-28    Ringstead        Andre Russell       Confirmed
Jun-18   Siblyback                    confirmed                                     Jun-11      Lockwood        Steve Naylor              Confirmed
July-16   Kennick       Kevin Primmer         confirmed                       Jun-25     Rutland           Andre Russell
Aug-06   Burrator                    confirmed                                       Jul-09       Sweethope      Tony Barclay
Sep-03   Siblyback                                                          Aug-13     Eyebrook         Andre Russell      Confirmed
Oct-1     Wimbleball                    confirmed
Oct-8     Thornton Steve Parton Memorial       confirmed                Aug-27     Thornton         Andre  Russell       Confirmed
Oct-15   Kennick AGM                 confirmed                                    Sep-03      Thrybergh      Dave Minogue
                                                                                                   Sep-17      Ladybower     Phil Pickard
                                                                                                    Oct-01      Barnsfold       Martin Mayers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:20:01 AM by bracken » Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »

Well done Steve, was just thinking about next years calendar.

When the season starts I'll nip in to Ravensthorpe and see what the 2016 policy for launching is.

Andre.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

nice to see the dates on for next year just checking the overnighters and May 27th is down as a fri should it be 28th

bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 12:27:07 PM »

I thought that the Southern faction were going to foray out on Colliford this season - has this been overlooked, or is it going to take place as a meet for those who are interested in floating about on large oceans?

Roadford is not on the list either I notice.
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »

I will sort Sweethope. If anybody requires o/night accommodation please let me know as there will be options at discounted rates.
I note there is no date for Parton (unless 27/8?) no need to arrange to coincide with Burton Fly Festival for our benefit as we now have similar 'up norf' at a Penrith.
ta Tony
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »

Roadford and Colliford are not competitions .
Dates for Roadford will be sorted between the members who want to fish it.
Colliford will be a one off and the date will be agreed with South West Lakes as they want to have a tubing day on it.  This is a large water 911 acres .
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:10:16 PM by kevin1 » Logged
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »

The 12th of August is a Friday? That was a quick change I have only just posted well done Tony.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:49:13 PM by davec » Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »

There were about four Fridays listed Dave. I just changed them by making an independent Executive Decision. If I'm in the wrong - then we'll go on the Saturday and the others can go Friday if they like!? How about that?

I've just been going through the listings to see what I might fish. I'm a bit stuffed for fishing in July at present. I know it's not the most productive month, but I reckon Ravensthorpe might go then if they have got rid of their silly, extortionate launch fee.  (Any news on this Andre)? Would anybody else be interested in having a float round there then if we could arrange suitable terms?
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »

After a year with no fly fishing, due to shoulder problems, I am hoping to get back to it this year. If I do feel capable I would love a session on Ravensthorpe, if the launch fee was waived or at least made sensible. Let's see what happens.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Noted Terry.

Look forward to seeing you back on the water, what about ringstead and Elinor for you?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:40:46 PM by bracken » Logged
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »

There are a few venues I have my eye on, but my shoulder needs to improve some more before I will commit. This may mean a late decision on when I fish. I took a spinning rod to my local lakes last week and was ready to stop after an hour, so I have a bit to go yet.
wardy
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »

After a busy year last year and not making any meetings hope to fish a few in 2016
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »

Bladon date to be changed ,   April not suitable as birds still nesting .  Bird watchers claim that last year we disturbed nesting birds at top end.

I have moved Barrator to 11th june hope to get blagdon on 4th june .
Montanajoe
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »

Just managed to join the forum and will be looking to attend a couple of events and meet a few like minded souls.

Iain

buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »

Collwick Park confirmed for the 23/4/16 6 fish ticket cost for this year should be around £24 there will be no float tube launch fee to pay for BFTA members confirmed by the fishery manager. New rule is take first 6 fish then catch and release.

Directions:-
Post code for the cafe at Colwick is NG2 4DG not far from the venue small breakfast (starter for DaveC) £4 large breakfast £5.

Directions for cafe from the road leading from the city centre is the roundabout just prior to the Virgin Media centre located on the right hand side of the roundabout you can see it from the road Daleside Cafe. For the fishery head past the Virgin media centre and carry straight on - the first sign for Colwick country park is NOT the entrance for fishing, carry on when you see the Toby Carvery at the second set of traffic lights after this turn right onto Mile End road, then take a right turn onto River Lane (small track) follow this round and you will see the ticket office where the barriers are.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: