British Float Tube Association
November 20, 2017, 06:50:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be in 2018!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo Day May 16th  (Read 1696 times)
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: May 06, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »

Steve Naylor will be doing a Float Tube Demonstration day at Lockwood Beck Fishery near Guisborough on Saturday May16th from 10.00 until 16.00. If you have always fancied float tube fishing come along and have a go, Float Tubes and advice on how and what to do will be available for you to try on the day..
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »

A successful day, with three newbies going afloat, One of which stayed out for 2 hours, came back in and ordered a tube from the fishery !!
The other two stated they were hooked and would be buying tubes. IN order to tube on Lockwood, you have to join BFTA  so we should benefit from 3 new members.
I must thank Steve Frakes and Ric Dunnett, who paid a surprise visit to Lockwood to support me, and special thanks to Ric who spent time talking to two newbies and allowing them out on his tube. I am sure his encouragement will mean they take up tubing.

Thanks to Gordon Byers at the fishery for his help during the day.

Regards

Steve N
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »

Well done lads, good effort. Sorry I wont be able to attend the Lockwood Beck competition due to a corporate event at the Epsom Derby. I was really looking forward to visiting this water, hopefully we'll be on there again in the near future. See you Saturday at Ringstead.

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »

I would also like to offer thanks to Stevie and the Chemical Twins for doing this demo. At the very least hese days are well worth the effort to spread the message about float tubing, even if no members instantly join.

I'm afraid my presence at Lockwood Beck is also looking more unlikely because I have a commitment on Sunday morning organised by my wife. I don't think that I would be up to driving about 300 miles safely on Saturday night after a match. I have toyed with driving the motorhome and leaving stupid early on Sunday morning, but this idea is receiving black looks here as well!

See you at Ringstead Saturday - hopefully with a FT that stays inflated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: