British Float Tube Association
June 25, 2017, 04:29:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Siblyback in the South on June 18th 2017. The inaugural Leighton Rservoir competition will take place in the North on June 24th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xmas and New Year.  (Read 1496 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: December 24, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »

A very happy Christmas and New Year to all of you.

I'm looking forward to the new season, and to trying out all these new 'flies' I keep reading about on here. What with Steve F. using a Martin snake lookalike to win the Toft competition - things they are a changing!? Do I need to get a thicker helmet to fish around these monstrosities - or just get some muscle building gear to strengthen my right arm to accommodate a #10 AFTM rod to join the fun and chuck one of these Manchester Buzzers out?

For curiosity: - Are any of you Talktalk members on here able to send emails at present? After I was hacked a couple of months back, I have not been able to send any email from my Talktalk account! I can receive them no problem; and have several times been through my account settings which appear to match the criteria set out by TT. A gentleman in India told me that their server is down, but I cannot believe that there is not more outrage on the Internet about such a long term lack of service. Is it just me or are others experiencing the same problems?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »

They are interesting casting on a 5weight!!! Used in desperation and boy do they work when the fish were not taking anything else I threw at them. Did think about chucking in the fly boxes and letting them choose themslves.
On the subject of flies I have a redundant small swing leaf C&F fly box full of buzzers up for sale £60, the box alone would cost £30, bargain if anyone interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: