British Float Tube Association
October 21, 2017, 02:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Toft Newton on October 7th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xmas and New Year.  (Read 1752 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: December 24, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »

A very happy Christmas and New Year to all of you.

I'm looking forward to the new season, and to trying out all these new 'flies' I keep reading about on here. What with Steve F. using a Martin snake lookalike to win the Toft competition - things they are a changing!? Do I need to get a thicker helmet to fish around these monstrosities - or just get some muscle building gear to strengthen my right arm to accommodate a #10 AFTM rod to join the fun and chuck one of these Manchester Buzzers out?

For curiosity: - Are any of you Talktalk members on here able to send emails at present? After I was hacked a couple of months back, I have not been able to send any email from my Talktalk account! I can receive them no problem; and have several times been through my account settings which appear to match the criteria set out by TT. A gentleman in India told me that their server is down, but I cannot believe that there is not more outrage on the Internet about such a long term lack of service. Is it just me or are others experiencing the same problems?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »

They are interesting casting on a 5weight!!! Used in desperation and boy do they work when the fish were not taking anything else I threw at them. Did think about chucking in the fly boxes and letting them choose themslves.
On the subject of flies I have a redundant small swing leaf C&F fly box full of buzzers up for sale £60, the box alone would cost £30, bargain if anyone interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: