British Float Tube Association
February 27, 2021, 09:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion points to be added to the agenda for the Annual General Meeting.  (Read 4329 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: September 20, 2016, 01:50:20 PM »

Please list any points you would wish to be raised and discussed at the 2016 Torquay AGM. These will be considered and added to the formal Agenda of the meeting.

1. Further to the introduction of the new system of scoring for the Jim Clements Trophy for this season, it would be interesting to gain some feedback on either its success or failures. (For instance - at this time of writing, there would be a different leader if the old system of scoring was still in force).

fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »

2. If there is an appetite from members I would be happy to organise a social meet at Langley Dam fishery the Friday  immediately before the Sweethope event  ( day before) from c 2pm?.
This would allow interested members the opportunity to travel north am Friday, fish into the evening and arrange accommodation in Hexham near Langley and c 20 minutes from Sweethope.

See www.langleydam.co.uk cracking fishery very pro tubing.
ta
Tony
dave
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »

Sorry I will not be at the AGM but I would like to keep the points system as it is,although more northern members attend the matches I have noticed that the southern members put their names down for matches and then do not attend and then this looks to be an uneven system  but if they attended as planned it would work out better and to the satisfaction of all . After all Kevin does a first class job getting the southern waters for members so they should be better attended.

Dave M.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »

with reference to scoring system
 previous system 1st Rick 4 firsts 6 seconds: 2nd Andre 4 firsts 0 seconds: 3rd Gary 3 firsts 2 seconds.
 this system 1st Rick 2nd Gary 3rd Andre.
so Rick still come out the winner.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:20:21 AM »

Having checked all the comp scores, I do believe that Ric scored 3 wins Dave, as the memorial comp was not included in the aggregate trophy, therefore under the old system, Ric would not have won  !! Worth a good discussion at this years AGM ??

Steve N
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:57:02 PM »

Hi Steve, we did announce points for the memorial match as well, which actually gave me a second place that would have lifted me to second on the old system. Looks like this will be the hot topic for the AGM, I know a lot of people have a point of view and I have even heard of more options particularly as the turn outs in the south are always quite low.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend, I trust you'll be getting the gear out for Saturday, we've missed you this season so be prepared for some 'stick' I guess it will only last from Friday lunch time through to Sunday breakfast though :-)

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:48 PM »

While noting what you said Steve, I agree with Dave above - who has independently been keeping an eye on the scores throughout the season to keep an eye on me so I don't show any favouritism. (How did I end up doing this job as well I ask)? I had the impression that the S. Parton match was always one on the scoresheet, and has been so in the past. I did quietly enqiure of our Chairman whether this was so before the match, and thus before adding the scores to the seasons spreadsheet. He replied in the affirmative, so they are now there and are included in the seasons results - and because of the hassle involved I a'int changing it!!! Anybody who wants it done is welcome to do it for themselves.

At the end of the day, and whichever way you look at it, Ric had three or four first places and six second places - thus overall he beat the rest of the high scorers hands down throughout the season. Andre doesn't deserve to win again as he is too jammy by half, plus he would I'm sure be pleased to let Ric have the honour as he has been there or therabouts a few times since joining. I do have a little compassion for Gary as he did come very close. I will attempt to explain the stats at the AGM.

Somebody owes me a whisky at Torquay for sorting this lot, as well as everything else that has come my way this season, so I'm going to sit quietly in a corner and drink away placidly through the arguments!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:17:28 PM by bracken » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »

Can I point out that the memorial was a comp like last year when it was also combined with the pairs meaning Rik has 4 wins and is the deserved champion not that the win mattered because we have a new points system that rewards individuals in the higher attended matches for their consistent performance. This proves the Dave C points system works better than the old system and I for one can not see any reason to change. Other points for discussion is results need to go on the BFTA site not sad act social media sites.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:01 AM »

The most important event of the weekend will be the 'Trivia Quiz' I have it on good authority that Helen has all the names in the pot ready for the team draw & Russ has dug deep to supply a prize. A buffet is also provided to help soak up the full bodied flavoursome southern beer ! As far as Tony's whiskey goes, I expect that once he's had his belly busting buffet he'll probably be asleep anyway, I'll slip a formula 1 question in to see if we can hold his attention up to his 9.30pm bed-time :-)

Andre.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 11:01:22 AM »

Can I say congratulations to Ric, my comments were in no way intended to detract from his well deserved win. I assumed that the memorial comp would not count towards the trophy, as it was only a week before the AGM thereby not giving time to get engraving done.

Steve N
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:02:55 AM by stevieN » Logged
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »

cheers Steve thanks for that it will be grand to join some illustrious names engraved on the cup
Ric
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 07:36:24 PM »

I look forward to the formula one question Mr. Chairman. I hope it will not be as nit picking an answer as the last one turned out to be a couple of years ago! Christine was quite surprised that you knocked me back on that one! My dementia is not that bad - Immola / Monza - Bah!!!

About having to stay awake until 9.30pm!? Wow - that's very late considering I will have missed out on my afternoon nap, and will have been fighting wind and rain instead. Does Basil not serve whisky earlier than 9.30?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: