British Float Tube Association
August 15, 2018, 06:39:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: There will be a match at Toft Newton on August 18th. The Southern section matches have yet to be decided - so watch this space.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colliford Reservoir 19th June 2016  (Read 549 times)
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: June 01, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »

I have arranged a meet at Colliford Reservoir on Sunday 19th June .
We will meet at the fishing lodge at 10am .  We will then go to the East side of the dam and I will unlock the gate and we can park at the east side of the dam.
We can fish the east arm.  We can fish up to the nature reserve approx 2 mile up arm , also the middle point is good fishing you can walk up the bank approx 0.75 miles (start of east arm) and cross to the point 250m .
As most of the fish are close in the total length of bank in this location is approx 5 miles .
The area of the whole reservoir is over 911 acres shore line Approx 12 miles.

Day Permits: Available online,
 Jamaica Inn at Bolventor, 01566 86250.
 Colliford Tavern, 01208 821335.
I will collect the £5 launch fee on the day.

Colliford Lake, near Bodmin, Cornwall. PL14 6PZ
This popular Cornish brown trout fishery offers traditional fly fishing for wild and stocked trout, with grown-on fish of over 2lb frequently caught (and occasional fish up to 5lb). Fishing is from the bank only and wading is not advised. Traditional fly patterns (Sedge patterns, Soldier Palmer, Hoppers, and Bibios) work well but keep an eye out for the big browns chasing fry which can be explosive sport. Fish the margins and walk the banks to cover as much water as possible. ‘Catch and release’ option available (barbless hooks to be used), otherwise up to 4 fish over 7? may be taken in a day. Free car parking.

Best Flies: Gold Ribbed Hare’s Ear, Sedge patterns, Soldier palmer, Hoppers and bibios.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:12:09 PM by kevin1 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: