British Float Tube Association
June 01, 2020, 02:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed 2017 dates  (Read 10811 times)
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »

Proposed dates 2017

Date                Venue                   Organiser              Confirmed                 Date                 Venue                     Organiser           Confirmed    

Feb 11th           Toft Newton                 Steve Naylor   Confirmed               April 1st            Wimbleball              Kev Primmer.    Confirmed
March 18th        Ladybower                  Steve Frakes                                  April 23rd          Kennick                   Kev Primmer.      Confirmed
April  15th          Elinor                        Steve Naylor   Confirmed                 May 6th             Drift                       Dave Williams.  Confirmed
April 29th          Colwick Park               Steve Frakes                                    May 21st            Burrator                 Kev Primmer. Confirmed
May   13th         Ringstead                   Andre Russell Confirmed                 June 4th             Stithians                Kev Primmer.  Confirmed
May   27th         Eyebrook                   Andre Russell   Confirmed               June 18th            Siblyback               Kev Primmer. Confirmed  cancelled blue algi
June 10th          Scaling Dam.              Steve Naylor                                 July 2nd                Roadford                Kev Primmer
June 24th.         Leighton.                   Steve Naylor
July  8th           Sweethope                  Tony Barclay                                  July 16th            Fernworthy             Kev Primmer
July 22nd          Elinor                         Andre Russell                                 Aug 6th              Colliford                 Kev Primmer
August 12th       Barnsfold                    Dave Carrie                                   Aug 20th            Burrator                 Kev Primmer
September 2nd  Thrybergh/Ladybower    Dave Minogue/Steve Frakes          September 3rd     Siblyback             Kev Primmer
September 30th   Steve Parton Mem Thornton   Andre
October 7th       Toft Newton                    Andre Russell                                 October 1st        Kennick                  Kev Primmer
Oct 14th            AGM Eyebrook              Andre Russell
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:27:52 PM by kevin1 » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:10:18 PM »

Well done Steve and Kev
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:12:46 PM by kevin1 » Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »

Was there a particular reason for the April 8th clash between Wimbleball and Elinor. Personally, I would have fished both of these all being well, and I guess Andre and Gary for two, will also be torn as to where to go on this day. Does 'Iron Man" or some other event cause a problem at Wimbleball around this time.

Living as I do betwixt and between the two areas, I will be hard pushed to get many matches in after May - my problem I know!
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »

Tony,

Elinor date changed to 15th April
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:50 PM »

Wimbleball lake changed to 1st as the farm accommodation is full  on the 8th .

You need to book before all the places are taken.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »

Should Lockwood Beck be June 10th not June 11th ?
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 04:23:51 PM »

Lockwood changed to Saturday 10th. 

It was late when Steve and myself did these had a few beers and whiskeys by then.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »

Looks like there may be a change of venue for Lockwood Beck on June10th,

I have heard that Lockwood will close as a Trout fishery as Gordon is retiring. I understand Northumbrian Water are not keeping it open.
We are currently working to try and find an alternative venue in the same are, Please be patient and watch this space!

Steve N
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »

I notice on facebook that Gordon is retiring as of March 31st, when the fishery reverts to Northumbrian water. It is potentially going to re-open as a coarse fishery. This really is bad news because it was a very well run fishery and one of the very few place that allowed float tubing in the NE.

This is no good to me, but I'm surprised that another Consett 'Bonnie Lad' hasn't been advocating a change to Langley Dam, albeit a long way out in the wilderness. The Preston boys could get there, as could Martin, but I suspect not many others unless they are far North based. Where are Gordon's float tubing enthusiasts going go to fish now? Has anybody asked them? Local knowledge might come in handy here Stevie.
dave
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »

GOOD NEWS LADS tHRYBERGH IS NOT CLOSING AS A TROUT FISHERY,I SPOKE TO  Alan the fishery manager yesterday and he said after numerous meetings it will remain as a trout fishery, however the stocking will depend on the revenue produced as it has to break even being council run. I will ring up Tuesday to see if he has come up with a price, and some of us will be fishing it to see how it goes as it opens on the 25th March. I leave it to you if you still want this venue for September, but there will definately be no coarse fishing at all this season and no coarse fish will be put in at all. I will let you know the price as soon as I know.

Dave M {Doncaster}
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »

That's good news Dave hope they sort out the issuing of day tickets because they didn't have a clue last year.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:42:08 PM by bracken » Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »

Good news indeed Dave.

It would be even better news if they man the Office - the telephone - and get organised on being able to book the campsite out to itinerent fishermen for daily fishing hours.
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »

Gate to car park opens about 7.30 to 8.00, and there are about 3 or four of us that can go over and book your pitch if your having difficulties Tony
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »

Thanks Ivan.

On another topic. Lockwood Beck having closed before our proposed match; I understand a couple of Gordon's chaps are having a look at Scaling Dam a bit further along the road towards Whitby. This is apparently about a 100 acre water and not very deep. At present I understand it does not have permission for float tubing, but it would be a distinct advantage to the area if this was to be obtained now that Lockwood is reverting to coarse fishing. Is anyone talking to Northumbrian Water with reference to this idea?

Scaling might come as a bit of a shock to some of our purists if we do manage to get on it - because it allows fishing with power bait, worms, mepps and just about anything else other than dynamite - should suit Martin down to the ground!? Flies are also used to good effect according to the reviews I have read. Some local knowledge regarding the weed growth might be of help, because if the water is shallow it could be a problem for float tubers later in the season - shades of Ringstead maybe.

As an interested aside: If Lockwood is reverting to coarse fishing will it be possible to float tube still and fish for perch and pike maybe? Or does the float tubing agreement cease with Gordon's departure?
dave
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »

Alan has replied and said the price will be the same as last year but will only let us have 2 fish this time not 4 as other years,and we have to guarantee at least 15 fishermen,I dont feel inclined to book this given the number of fish and having to have a minimun number.  If 15 didn't turn up it would be extra. decide among yourselves but I am not in agreement with the terms this year.

As regards day tickets he says that you can book and pay over the phone in advance for future dates and if you cannot attend for any reason you can be credited with the ticket price for another date

Let me know what you want to do but I think 15 is pushing it a bit especially having to book now for September and remember stocking depends on revenue recieved so not sure how that will work out

I wanted some boston valves and found Boat world at unit 2 Smeckley wood close Sheepbridge trading estate Chesterfield S41 9 Pz when there they gave me a leaflet about FREE WHEELING hand operated out board motors this looks very interesting and details can be found on u tube. Boat world has ordered 12 from Australia but expect them to come from Holland and they will be at a fishing show in Manchester in March, they cost £139. also there is a place in Essex where they are a bit cheaper just thought they would be handy for us that are getting on a bit.

Dave M {doncaster}
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: