British Float Tube Association
July 21, 2017, 03:49:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Fernworthy in the South on July 16th 2017. The will be followed by a competition at Elinor on July 22nd (Note that this match replaces the proposed Rutland Competition).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed 2017 dates  (Read 1793 times)
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »

I agree with Dave about them making too many demands. We have been good to this venue. I for one will not be held to ransom and my vote is to knock it on the head and try and get another venue or double up on one of the venues we already have.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

The tw@t is taking the pi@@ tell him to shove his offer where the sun don't shine I for one will not be fishing the place again
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »

That propulsion unit is simple and appears to be effective - but is very expensive for what it is!

The Watersnake ASP 18 electric outboard, (also Australian made), can be had from Fishing Mad for around £67 a battery costs around £40 or so, which should give a reasonable assist time to get out of the wind. I'm not actually convinced my back and shoulder would  put up with a lot of handle winding, and besides which I'm a lazy beggar! I reckon that if it works electric power still has the edge. We will find out soon.

As regards Thrybergh: it really is a shame that Alan or somebody in the system has lost the plot somewhat. There are shades of Ravensthorpe here, where they went to a two fish ticket which gave us problems for a competition system. In general Thrybergh was one place where a membership of fifteen plus was almost guaranteed for a match and it was a very good day out. What with this, Northumbrian water and United Utilities, it appears everybody in the North wants to eliminate trout fishing from float tubes. A crying shame!
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »

I won't be coming all that way for two fish Dave
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »

Had a call yesterday, negotiations still on-going with Scaling Dam and Northumbria Water, we are still hopeful. Initial discussion has gone well without any major objection but the water authority guy has to follow procedure to get approval signed off.

Andre
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »

Ladybower confirmed for the 18 March same price as last year Geoff has said he can order breakfast butties from the Ladybower Inn for us I just need to let him know the numbers a couple of days before the 18th. It opens on the 4th March and there will be a good stocking to supplement the good head of overwintering stock. If we want food after in the Ladybower Inn to again let him know numbers
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »

What about another one at Colwick there is no launch fee and a good cafe, so maybe we should support them before we lose another any ideas on this?
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 10:33:59 AM »

had a call yesterday, negotiations still on-going with Scaling Dam and Northumbria Water, we are still hopeful. Initial discussion has gone well without any major objection but the water authority guy has to follow procedure to get approval signed off.

Andre

Hi Andre this place is any method which could mean catch a fish and half a dozen feeders could come crashing down Personally I don't fancy that. Just to say don't think i will be fishing this place (i know my attendance is poor to comment but do feel i still have a say) but good luck.

Still think we should support some of the one we have as well as getting some more on board.

Ivan
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »

Thanks Ivan, points noted. I have some original Caddis Fins for you to try, see you at Elinor.

Andre.
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 10:51:41 AM »

cheers Andre for the reply and the fins Hoping to make lady bower if the swelling in my leg is gone

Ivan
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »

Re scaling Dam.
Spoke with Don COE head of fisheries at Northumbria Water. (Most large waters in NE plus Hanningfield doon sooth).
The intention is to use the Scaling Dam event as a trial, in the first instance, for float tubing across Northumbria Water waters.
I would therefore request that if you are perhaps in two minds in attending this event you give it your full support.
Potentially the BFTA attendance may have significant ramifications for float tubing in England potentially opening up a number of new waters.
I haven't fished Scaling Dam but I doubt if we will be inundated by any method anglers. My club water allows worm fishing by more mature members and the fish will still take a well presented fly (6 inch snake). Grin

'The reservoir is surrounded by beautiful wild heather moorland and is relatively shallow, making it an excellent choice for both fly and bait anglers alike.

On site we have an excellent lodge shop stocked with everything you need for a day’s fishing including rods, reels, tackle, accessories, clothing, worms, bait, ice creams and refreshments includ-ing hot and cold drinks. Environment Agency rod licenses are also on sale at this fishery.

Our visitor centre provides information about the reservoir and surrounding attractions. For the rest  of the family, there is a pleasant circular walk, a section of which is wheelchair accessible, plus several lovely picnic areas along the way offering wonderful views and a place for you to relax at.

Scaling Dam is accessible for disabled anglers and visitors.'
Roll Eyes
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »

is it far from the other one we fish?  If i get off theses dam crutches i will try to support this

Ivan
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »

Barnsfold confirmed for 12th of August.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 12:02:08 PM »

Ladybower confirmed for the 2 September bacon butties before match if you let me know when you confirm attendance whether you require a buttie
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »

I'm in Steve and I'll have a buttie as well.

Andre.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: