British Float Tube Association
April 03, 2020, 05:04:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elinor - April 15th  (Read 3744 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: January 23, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »

Terry Thomas
Andre Russell
Carl Ward
Brian Heald
Dave Carrie
Ric Dunnett
Steve Frakes
Ivan Slack
Tony Parker
Martin Mayers
Jez Dye
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:47:49 AM by bracken » Logged
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »

Put me down for this one, Terry T
wardy
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »

I'm in
Wardy
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »

the Preston pair will be there.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »

Chemical twins
rider12351
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 06:50:07 PM »

I am up for this one, Are you going to this one Tony let me know and i will bring that parcel for Andy
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »

Hi Ivan. I would like to think that I will be at Elinor and really do want to get on the water. However, I have an operation to remove two more tumours on March 1st so don't know how well they will have healed by then, (they are pretty exposed on my face so getting them wet would probably not be a good move). I am awaiting a date for a much bigger op. to remove another tumour which might also prove to be a big one - there is apparently quite a long waiting list for this all day procedure. So I don't know. I will be there if at all possible so you can put the package in just in case. The op. wound I had seven weeks ago has substantially shrunk in size now but is still open in two places; (I probably shouldn't have done the day at Toft if everybody had their way)! Good waterproof dressings might do the job - i'm sincerely hoping so as I also want to fish Wimbleball.

While on the subject of Wimbleball I saw a press article that reckoned Wimblebal is 40% down - does anybody know if this is correct?
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »

See you on the 15th
jezdye
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »

I'm up for this one also!
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »

Hi All
It's been 2 years since I took my tube of its wall hanger in my fishing room, (due to a variety of health problems) and I am looking forward to Elinor on Saturday. Will someone please confirm that we still fish from 10.00 to 16.00hrs?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »

We certainly do Terry will be good to see you and Jez back on the water
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 08:02:48 AM »

I'm making the perhaps rash assumption that the Little Chef at Thrapston is open at 7.00 am on Easter Saturday, and that most of us will start the day there to fuel up ready to fight the breeze!

If not I'm going to stick close to DC and his goodies / comestibles stock!!!
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 03:13:48 PM »

Brian and I will be there we are stopping in the adjacent lodge Friday night and down to the pub at Thrapston for a couple of pints. I have had to cut back on the snacks Tony, not that I couldn't eat them its just that the tube gets too heavy.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »

Stop catching so many f*****g fish then and your tube won't be as heavy  Grin Grin
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »

Bad news about the snacks Dave!

I guess Steve is right about the fish as well. It's so long since I caught a rainbow trout, (Kennick last AGM),  that I have forgotten what that feels like.

Have spent the day finding and sorting a leak on my Guideline Drifter - do you think that they get lighter when all the air escapes out of the sponson bladders?? Finally found a tiny pinhole leak on the front seam weld where they are unsupported by the case right up at the bows when inflated. I must say it is astonishing how fast the air leaks out of such a tiny hole. There must also be an internal bladder leak between the 1 & 2 chambers, because they both go down together, so much for the much vaunted double safety chamber idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: