British Float Tube Association
December 11, 2017, 04:13:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be in 2018!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnsfold - August 12th  (Read 578 times)
Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »

To Clayts. With reference to Ken. While we encourage guys to come float tubing, it is best for them to be BFTA members in the admittedly unlikely case of any problems occurring which could involve insurance claims etc. The press would have a field day if somebody got it wrong and it came to the attention of the world - chat to Andre in a quiet moment for more information.

We deliberately keep the membership fee low at £10 - which includes a substantial third party insurance element. By all means encourage Ken to come along, but it would be best if he joined the BFTA. If Andre is present he would collect the fee and address etc. and pass it to Kevin. Either Steve F. or Martin might be prepared to substitute if necessary.

To put this into context, Ken would not be allowed on any of the numerous  SW waters in a float tube unless he was a current proven BFTA member.

Fully understand Tony and so will Ken.. He's been out with me a couple of times in his tube and doing well.. He just needs more float time as he's having to think about fishing and tubing as he's relatively new to both.. I thought meeting a few of the BFTA guys would help him too as they are in a position to pass on relevant advice and tube tips.. I'll speak to Steve & Martin as I know Andre isn't going on Saturday..
Cheers,
Mark
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 09:19:09 AM »

Don't think Ken will be bothered about the SW waters it is up to Ken whether he wants to join don't think we need to spell out the benefits of the BFTA as Mark would be well capable of giving advice to a newcomer
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 04:00:55 PM »

I have no doubt that Mark, and any of you guys who are down to fish, are more than experienced enough to give help and advice and also that it would be gratefully received. I'm just wearing my 'Officer hat' and being a little wary after another trip out went a bit 'very interesting' up-north.

Have a good day all of you. I hope the butties are to DC's satisfaction.
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »

Tony, just to let you know that Ken has joined the  BFTA and has given me The £10.00 fee.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

Thanks for that Martin. I'll sleep content in my crib knowing that. Did you get his address and phone number too - (so Kev can send him a membership card).

Welcome aboard to Ken - the nutters you will meet are all friendly even though some of them are on day-release!?
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »

He is going to e-mail the details to Kevin, did not want to post on a public forum.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: