British Float Tube Association
July 28, 2017, 05:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Colliford in the South on August 6th 2017. The will be followed by a competition at Barnsfold on August 12th. A further Southern section match is scheduled for Sunday August 20t at Burrator.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thrybergh or Ladybower - Sept 2nd  (Read 145 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: January 23, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »

dave
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »

Hi Lads, well I guess no-one will be fishing Thrybergh soon because guess what , the managemant have decided to turn it into a swimming pool. certain days have been allocated to a swimming club between the hours of 2 until 4 and 6 until 8  to swim across the middle of the lake.  they have put buoys up in that area to keep everyone out and it will supposedly be supervised by the swimming club.  Fishing is still available when you pay your fee but not much chance of float tubing  on those days. Good luck to the swimmers with all that duck muck around and when the algae comes on. So I guess that certainly puts the kibosh on matches there. It certainly sends a wrong message to all the young kids for the summer holidays when numerous children have been drowned swimming in reservoirs.

Dave M{ disgusted }
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:25:16 AM »

I despair of local beurocrats. It's a mad world!

A crying shame Dave, this was one of the nicest fishing days on our calendar.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »

Rotherham council for you they will probably have Len Fairclough to look after the kids whilst swimming hope the Pike are in a feeding mode
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: