British Float Tube Association
October 21, 2017, 02:20:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Toft Newton on October 7th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orvis / SKB Open day - Ladybower 1 & 2 July  (Read 254 times)
Montanajoe
Forum Member

« on: June 14, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »

Come and join us on the 1st and 2nd of July at Ladybower Fisheries HuhHuhHuhHuh

What's it all about? You get 2 days of:

- FREE 2 hour fishing tuition for all ages and abilities for groups or one-to-one (Please call 01629 810226 to book your place)
- Get hands on with our latest rods, lines and reels
- Drop in and try your hand at fly-tying with our professionals Wendy Gibson and Bob Lomax!
- Competitions with some great prizes! (With Bacon and Chip Buttys available HuhHuh??)
DAY 1: Float Tube Competitions- Prizes for Biggest Fish and Best Bag
DAY 2: From the Boat Competition- Prizes for Biggest Fish and Best Bag
From the Bank Competition- Prizes for Biggest Fish and Best Bag

Please contact Steve Newsome on: 07752 146255 to book your place in the competitions!

Don't forget all the fantastic usual fishing opportunities from the fabulous guys at Ladybower!

buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »

Let me know in the next few days anyone wanting to go and I will let Steve know the numbers should be a good one for Martin he might learn how to cast. Should be a good day Orvis and SKB provide some excellent prizes so let's have a good turn out for this one and support the fishery
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »

Will not be fishing this one,
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

Put Brian and me down for this one Steve
Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »

I'm already booked on Steve as I was with Steve N & Rich on Sunday for the Fishing for Heroes match at Ladybower..

Congrats to Iain (montanajoe) for winning the match with 12 fish with me and Paul Johnson joint second with 9 fish each.. Another great day out at Ladybower organised by Mr Newsome and money raised for a good cause..

Cheers,

Mark..
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »

Put me in please, new tube all set up, trial run on Saturday at Leighton.

Andre.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »

Times for the match are now confirmed as 10 till 4 (sounds familiar) bacon cobs will be available before 9 and food is again laid on in the Ladybower Inn after the match (Icecream van should be there for Dave C). With the weather forecast for this week the fishing should be good with a stocking of fish this week to supplement the already high numbers of fish already in.
See you all there Saturday
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »

Excellent days fishing with overcast skies and a gentle breeze in the morning, brighter and warm in the afternoon.

13 Tubes went out and in the main enjoyed good sport with the fish well spread from the launch point up to the dam and around the cage.

Steve F and myself both took a prize, anyone looking for an Airflo 40+ WF8 line let me know as my rods are rated 5 and 7.

The Ladybower Fisheries facebook page may have some photo's/video as photographers were present all day filming the action, I'm not on social media so I can't check, maybe one of our 'younger' members could check it out and let me know if there is anything there.

The event was well organised by Steve Newsome and our contact Steve F, thank you to both. We enjoyed humongous bacon butties in the morning and some lovely scram in the Ladybower Inn after the comp.

Andre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: