British Float Tube Association
July 21, 2017, 03:40:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Fernworthy in the South on July 16th 2017. The will be followed by a competition at Elinor on July 22nd (Note that this match replaces the proposed Rutland Competition).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: langley trout fishery  (Read 42 times)
davec
Forum Member

« on: July 12, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »

There is an article in this months trout fisherman about Langley dam fishery near Sweethope and it gets a good write-up and also a good mention from Tony Barclay and I would like to suggest it be put on the proposed list for next years comps. what are your thoughts?  
http://www.langleydam.co.uk/index.php/home-page/about-us
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:48:42 PM by davec » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:58:17 PM »

If they will have us it looks a great place
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:56:55 PM »

If you look back at a previous topic from Tony Barclay's on general discussion page 3 he said the manager was a float tuber.

Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:18:23 PM »

I fished it in June Dave - Steve in my tube on my way up to Sweethope for our clubs weekend away.. It's a cracking Fishery.. Nice lodge with tea coffee microwave..Fresh cake, confectionery all paid for with an honesty box the same as the day tickets.. Day ticket prices also reasonable.. My car partner fished from the bank and struggled with just the one Trout.. I managed 12 - 9 off the top to dries and 3 to buzzers and missed and lost a good few.. According to their Facebook page I had the biggest fish of the week at 6lbs.. Roll Eyes

The place is not as big as it looks from the website and Facebook pictures and if all the boats are out and you get a few tubers on it could feel a little cramped.. I would definitely recommend it if your up in the north east.
Cheers,
Mark..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: