British Float Tube Association
January 18, 2018, 11:43:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be at Elinor, Northamptonshire on February 17th. 2018!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnsfold meet  (Read 128 times)
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« on: December 10, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »

Hello chaps,  how about any crazy folks out there  meeting up at Barnsfold between Christmas  and the new year we have had a bit of a  meet up around this time for the last few years and it's good get out there and blow a few cobwebs out, me and the little fellow propose meeting up on Thursday 28th December so  it would be great  to see fellow lunatics out there. Me and the vice comrade Chairman will be filling our bellies at the usual breakfast place and will be there at opening time. So hope to see you all there.

Plus let me take this opportunity to wish all a very merry Christmas and tight lines for 2018( but all a little lighter than mine on comp days.)

Ric
Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »

Hi Ric - I think me & Ken will be joining you & Steve at BF and meet at Miller cafe for a breakfast too..
Cheers,
Mark...

Merry Xmas to you and all the BFTA Guys..
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

Won't be there my wife's birthday is on that day . I hope everyone has a great Christmas and new year.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »

should have my remote controlled heated socks by then so can try them out count me in.
 Merry Christmas to Everyone
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 05:13:46 PM »

Happy Christmas to all of you, and tight lines on your chosen day.

12 degrees of frost and 6 inches of frozen snow here as I write, but I know that doesn't put you Northeners off!?
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »

Hello again folks,
Good to hear from you who are coming up, did you get your knee done Martin or are you coming out to play as well?
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »

Hi Tony, weather has been mild here so you could be alright if you wanted  to travel down.

Hi Lads, had my new knee a couple of weeks ago so going through the recovery stage, so unfortunately unable to fish at the moment, I think it could be a while!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 08:56:07 AM »

Hope you are soon recovered Martin you could always come and cook food for us ! Kiss
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »

Not a problem, I was thinking of doing that anyway.

All you have to do is pick me up,take me to the local supermarket, drive me to the meet,and then bring me back.

Because I can not drive at the moment. Tight lines
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:15 AM »

Not lost your keys again, the way you drive wouldn’t notice any difference. You have a wife so tell her to drive you
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »

Merry Christmas  Smiley
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

Hi Martin. Still trying to get my head round concept of 'driving down' to Manchester. Frost and snow now gone from here too - (unlike the filthy chest cold I have had for a month now). I'll get back to the driving conundrum after a few glasses of the Scottish amber liquid, when I'm sure all will become clear.

Did you have the foresight to get a nice outboard bracket welded to your new knee - for power assistance on the water?!
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »

Did the lads who went to Barnsfold have a good day!!
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »

Very cold there was 7 in total there and everyone caught at least one fish. Brian had his new spermy wormy flies that he said would win everything this year and he caught absolutely f all on them! We had a very good hale storm and I was able to make snowballs and throw them at Brian. It was a pity you and Dave could not make it. Seasonal greetings to everyone and see you all at Elinor. Rik has a new dry suit and the only thing missing is the gymp mask Cheesy Cheesy Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: