British Float Tube Association
May 25, 2018, 08:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition is at Ladybower on May 19th. The Southern section will fish Fernworthy on May 27th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: PROPOSED 2018 Competition dates.u  (Read 1379 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: December 23, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »

Subject to fishery confirmation this is our 2018 proposal:

Date           Venue                     Organiser

Feb 17        Elinor                      Andre.         Confirmed
Mar 03        Toft Newton             Andre.         Cancelled after Fishery advice of bad road conditions near fishery
Mar 17        Leighton                 Stevie N.     Cancelled after fishery advice
Apr 07        Thornton                 Andre          Confirmed
Apr 14        Toft Newton            Andre          Confirmed  (Revised date after  earlier matcch had to be cancelled).
Apr 21        Eyebrook                Andre          Confirmed
May05        Ringstead                Andre
May 19       Ladybower              Steve F
Jun 09        Scaling Dam            Tony B
Jun 23        Barnsfold                Dave C / Martin M
Jul 07         Leighton.                Steve N.        Confirmed
Jul 21         Sweethope              Tony B
Aug 04       Rutland                   Andre
Aug 18       Ravensthorpe          Darren
Sep 08       Ladybower               Steve F (Pairs Comp.)
Sep 15       Thornton                 Andre (SP Memorial) Confirmed
Oct 13        Blagdon                  Kev P
Oct 27        AGM                       Russ.

25th March       Burrator               Kevin Primmer. Confirmed
8th April            Siblyback             Kevin Primmer. Confirmed
15th April          Roadford            Kevin Primmer. Confirmed
29th April          Kennick             Kevin Primmer. Confirmed
  5th May            Drift               Dave Williams  date changed to Saturday
12th May            Stithians        Dave Williams    Confirmed   Cornish Open sponsored by Snowbee          
27th May             Fernworthy     Kevin Primmer
24th June.          Colliford          Kevin Primmer
7th July             Stithians          Dave Williams
8th July.            Drift                Dave Williams
22nd July            T.B.C               Kevin Primmer      Depending on conditions
29th July            T,B,C               Kevin Primmer      Depending on conditions      
12th August        T.B.C               Kevin Primmer       Depending on conditions
19th August        T.B.C               Kevin Primmer       Depending on conditions
30th September   Burrator            Dave Williams
27th October       Kennick            Kevin Primmer

July 07 we'll look at what the weather is doing and what the weed situation is at the fisheries we use or we have potential for a new venue.

Andre.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:50:54 PM by kevin1 » Logged
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »

It is my golden wedding anniversary on the 23rd of June so unless this date can be changed I will not be at Barnsfold  on the day but I will still book and confirm the date with owner Frank. Please advise.
graham14
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:51:22 PM »

Hello I just joined BFTA my name is Graham and I live in Farnham Surrey. I always said slogging away as an accountant in San Francisco that I would rather being fishing. Now that I am forced into retirement I intend to do just that.

I am originally from Yorkshire and the family moved to Surrey when I was ten and began coarse fishing. My brother and I caught some decent Carp and Trench. I moved to America at 18 and took up fly-fishing in my twenties. I have done a lot of float tube fishing in California. My favourite spots are in the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges of California in the Redding/Sacramento area. I had a 19lb Rainbow literally take me water skiing in a float tube at a private place called Henderson Springs. That was awesome. Though better was that I had an Eagle come down and try to pinch a  brown trout off me for breakfast at Mount Lassen. That was a real breath taking goose bump induced moment in my life that I will not forget.

I returned to the UK in 2010 so it has been almost ten years since I float tubed, just like riding a bike right. Health and safety here in UK. I have a life vest..not required in USA but probably a good idea in retrospect at my age ( coming up on 57).

I am looking forward to meeting up and the competitions sound fun. I have always been catch and release but correct me if I am wrong Rainbows cannot reproduce in UK ? That would justify me knocking one on the head with a priest ( have order one if I go that route)

Also from your site I see you have a War of the Roses match. I would like to put myself forward for the Yorkshire team despite the fact I live in Surrey and spent 35 years in the USA. I will bring my birth certificate but my biggest claim to Yorkire citizenship is the fact that my Mum went to school with Geoffrey Boycott in Fitzwilliam…if that don’t qualify me nowt will.

Tight Lines
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 10:32:28 AM »

Welcome Graham I’m sure you will enjoy the competitions and the banter. 57 will have you amongst the young ones the Chairman Andre is about that age but looks a lot older. The WOR is not organised by the BFTA but quite a few attend it is a great day out and even better Yorkshire always come last so you won’t have much to live up to there! Look forward to meeting you Graham.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »

Welcome Graham. It's nice to have a few youngsters joining! I guess lake fishing in California at present could be a tad on the warm side. However, I guess the Scierra Nevada's are a bit north of that devastation. With reference to getting a priest - yes you will need one here; a very few places have reported rainbows spawning in the wild but not enough to bother about. If in desperation, a length of copper pipe off-cut with a bit of molten lead in the end does the job well - most of the bought priests are too light to be worth bothering with. You might also ask Andy ward to turn one up for you, but make sure you give him some size guidance, as he is built a bit like the bigfoot of the Scierra's, and tends to manufacture accordingly!

Reference the Southern fishing Calendar - is the Cornish Open really going to be at Stithians as opposed to the normal Drift venue - or is that a typo? Of more importance where will the post match pasties be consumed, or is that delight a thing of the past?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:44:57 PM by bracken » Logged
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »

The Cornish Open is at Stithians this year. Drift has been dropped by South West Lakes . We are hoping to fish drift this year if the syndicate Dave Williams has got together take on the lease.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »

Thanks for the reply Kev. I am sad to hear about the Drift situation, I always loved fishing there - apart from the bit of mountaineering getting back to the car park for old gits with dodgy hearts that is!? The fishing was always interesting and not always as easy as it may have appeared from the results table sometimes; local knowledge was always an advantage there. Some of the other wildlife to be seen around the water was also very interesting and occasionally quite rare.

I hope Dave is successful in reclaiming a lease and management of the lake if he can get enough locals interested. Good luck.
graham14
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 07:16:34 PM »

When I expect m membership to BFTA ? I want to make friends of a same mind.

I am amused. I converted to fly fishing from coarse fishing n my mis twenties and never looked back. However I was on Holiday in France with my cousin and her husband and for the first time I was called a “Fluff Chukker” apparently that is Yorkshire for a fly fisherman. I am a proud Yorkshireman and had never heard that before.

I did catch a barbell on sweet corn that day in France and Andrew blanked but I am fluff chukker and proud of it.

I am already complaining however.

I joined BFTA to make friends. I was informed that you were sending out membership crds last week. I want to join competions starting at Elinor on 17 Feb I am prepared apparently you are not.  Sorry but disappointed thus far.

bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »

Sorry you are disappointed Graham. However, you should find that you were signed up for the Elinor match a while back and those of us who will be there will look forward to seeing you. I cannot comment on the membership card situation, as these are down to an elusive man who spends much of his time hidden in fog in the middle of Dartmoor these days - I understand that he does find his way out sometimes, so hold on to that hope! This may not be the case on this occasion, but we do tend to get quite a few cards mislaid or stolen in the post.

What may happen is that he will make a bunch of cards for people attending a match, and send them to one of the officers who will be present to distribute - this saves on postage thus saving about 8% of your membership fee. If there is no record of payment, then he will send one of the heavies along to ask nicely for a crisp £10 note.

Don't panic, we are a generally friendly and relaxed lot and can be quite trusting too. Look forward to seeing you there on the 17th.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »

I have booked Barnsfold for the 23rd June with owner Frank but as previously mentioned I am not available on that date.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »

Toft is confirmed.

Andre
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »

Darren has contacted Ravensthorpe, all looks good for August 18th, he is waiting on a reply from AW regarding a waiver of the launch fee or at least a reduced launch fee. Watch this space for updates.

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 08:57:53 AM »

News is looking favourable for once. Nice water to fish, but we will have to consider what type of competition to have due to two fish bag or the alternative expensive four? fish alternative. We came up with the pairs competition for this water so will we reinstate this?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:50 AM »

Good suggestion Tony
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 12:03:33 PM »

Ravensthorpe have come back to us with a proposal for a F/T day.

£33.00 for a 1 fish C&R ticket
£40.00 for a 4 fish C&R ticket

Post if you're interested so that Darren can confirm.

Andre.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: