British Float Tube Association
September 21, 2018, 09:30:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Steve Parton Memorial match is now scheduled at Eyebrook for October 13th. We need a good turnout for this lively event! The Southern section matches have yet to be decided - so watch this space.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: PROPOSED 2018 Competition dates.u  (Read 2845 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »

Is it me or are these prices a bit steep? Surely Anglian Water don't charge at these levels on all their waters do they? Smacks a bit of hiding a £10 launch fee into the fishing price for a day - or am I being cynical?

The one fish C&R is the only viable cost for a pensioner. Suggest they have a look at the prices charged by Elinor and Eyebrook for FT fishing.

Do they really want float tubers to fish any more?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 01:32:55 PM »

Last season prices where £30 for a 4 fish ticket and £25 for a 2 fish ticketand c&r so I think they are incorporating a launch fee amounting to the £10 previously charged so tell the tossers to stick it were the sun don’t shine
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 01:57:10 PM »

As far as I am aware we have never yet found out who instigated these ludicrous launch fee charges at Ravensthorpe. Ludicrous because the water has no purpose built facilities for enabling FT's to get into or out of the water etc. which would theoretically would justify at least some recompense. Is this a locally imposed scheme by Water manager or does the policy come from the top management at the recreational group at Anglian water? Does anybody know the answer?

The policy does not appear to apply to all Anglian Water lakes; for example, I do not remember having to pay this level of fee at Rutland or Pitsford. Ravensthorpe used to be an extremely well respected and popular float tubing water, which only became a bit difficult when the weed proliferated at the lower end later in the season. The introduction of this high fee, making a days fishing seriously expensive, is the only reason we abandoned the venue.

Darren, any chance of trying to find out why the launch fee was introduced at such a high rate and why we are being asked to pay it still? Perhaps a tactful reference to the fees we pay in the relatively close surrounding area might help instigate a more sensible pricing policy at this lake. Currently however, it really does look like they do not want the business of the near a hundred Float Tubers we directly represent!
Tubeman
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 03:52:34 PM »

I sent an e-mail in 2016 asking about the launch fee the reply I had was from

Sally Redrup
Administrator
Recreation Team

Anglian Water Services Ltd

Wing wtw

Morcott Road

Wing

Oakham

LE15 9DX

She mentioned that they review the charges on a yearly basis obviously they feel no need to change the  £10 charge.

Hope this helps

John
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »

Thanks John. I feel another contact with them may be coming on - but I will calm down first!
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 10:26:56 AM »

Ravensthorpe used to be my favourite tubing water until they introduced this silly and excessive launch fee. I did ring them up last year to see if they still charged it and the warden in the lodge said no they didn't so I went the next day and he charged me!!!!! I have fell out with Ravo over this launch fee and will not give them the satisfaction of charging me an exorbitant price for a days fishing. I agree with Tony, they'll take your money but provide little in facilities. I doubt I would attend a comp there on principle, I'll go to Thornton, Ringstead or Elinor, or even take a single manned boat out on Draycote first (single manned £20.00 for the last four hours, 1 fish + C&R)
Darrenvsl
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »

As far as I am aware we have never yet found out who instigated these ludicrous launch fee charges at Ravensthorpe. Ludicrous because the water has no purpose built facilities for enabling FT's to get into or out of the water etc. which would theoretically would justify at least some recompense. Is this a locally imposed scheme by Water manager or does the policy come from the top management at the recreational group at Anglian water? Does anybody know the answer?

The policy does not appear to apply to all Anglian Water lakes; for example, I do not remember having to pay this level of fee at Rutland or Pitsford. Ravensthorpe used to be an extremely well respected and popular float tubing water, which only became a bit difficult when the weed proliferated at the lower end later in the season. The introduction of this high fee, making a days fishing seriously expensive, is the only reason we abandoned the venue.

Darren, any chance of trying to find out why the launch fee was introduced at such a high rate and why we are being asked to pay it still? Perhaps a tactful reference to the fees we pay in the relatively close surrounding area might help instigate a more sensible pricing policy at this lake. Currently however, it really does look like they do not want the business of the near a hundred Float Tubers we directly represent!

In response to all the comments, I had a long conversation regarding this launch fee with first the local wardens then Dave their immediate boss! Who assured me he had taken the matter further up the chain. The response was “the kayakers are more than willing to pay this fee so why not the float tubers”.
Tact full references to Eyebrook’s fee and others were responded with “SO” the policy is a £10 launch fee!!!  - Kayakers
If anybody else would like to have a go persuading the unpersuadable  feel free!

..Darren

buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »

Good try with them Darren I think you need to introduce the ICF to them Grin
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »

Good try Darren.

Great pity that most of us are not rich kayakers isn't it? I'm amazed that ANYBODY would want to pay this much money to fish 1 fish C&R on a regular basis. It's a shame, as this was one of the early responders to allow float tubing and as such must have attracted a reasonable return in fishing fess from BFTA anglers and others over the years.

The best place for plastic boats is on the sea not on our freshwater fisheries!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Grrrrr........!!!
dougie shaw
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »

Any info on Blagdon in October? ie price, times etc.
Cheers
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 09:16:42 AM »

Hi Dougie. The person who organises Blagdon is Kevin P. It is a water which takes quite a lot of careful negotiation to get organised, and there is a chain of command which needs to be agreed before a date can be set. I am afraid that we will have to display a little patience in awaiting the date of this fixture - if it can be arranged.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »

Fellow tubers, after the cancellation of Leighton we need a date to rearrange this venue... any suggestions for dates Huh
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »

How about 26th May ?
Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »

Is that not bank holiday weekend Steve..? Some members may be away if so..? Just a thought...

Cheers,

Mark..
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »

july 7 is free which is a match day with no fishery
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: