British Float Tube Association
August 15, 2018, 04:52:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: There will be a match at Toft Newton on August 18th. The Southern section matches have yet to be decided - so watch this space.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivan  (Read 356 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: March 23, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

Yesterday I went to visit Ivan, he is now in a very bad way and unfortunately he will no longer be able to fish at all. The Parkinsons is really getting a grip and his eyesight is now affected and he is unable to drive.

Ivan has asked me to handle the sale of all of his fishing kit, quite an emotional issue as we sat together and catalogued it all over a cuppa.

As you know he tended to invest quite wisely so I have some very good quality stuff (some of it virtually brand new) and I'd like to try to get a very good price for it if possible.

Amongst the premium items I have:

2 Sage one rods a 9'6" 6 weight and a 10' 5 weight - these are pretty much un-used and retail at £800 each.
I have an Airflo Inflation Waistcoat again virtually new (size - would fit me over my jacket) this is an £180 item
4 Greys GTS500 reels with 6 spare spools all with lines on them.
A nice airflow tackle bag similar style to mine but about 50% bigger.
There is a brand new John Norris WF7 Floating Line
If you know anyone that wants a river fishing outfit let me know - I have a 3 weight rod, Okuma Reel with 3 weight line, Bob Church folding Pan Net, flies and a priest.

These are the easy saleable bits, of course there is a shed load of other sundries including flies/fly boxes/leader material etc.

Let me know if you are interested - looking at the quality of the stuff I think we could probably raise £1000 for the lad and that wouldn't be robbing anyone. I personally have chucked £50 in for some bits and bobs as a starter, can we ask around to see if we can shift this stuff and help a fellow member out.

Thanks, Andre.

There is also a John Norris 10' 7 weight rod that Ivan has asked me to 'give' to Dave Carrie and I will sort this when I see you next Dave.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:39:36 AM »

I will offer £250 for the 9'6" sage rod

Steve N
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 09:06:56 AM »

Thanks Steve, at the moment I have a bid in for the pair, I'll be taking them to Toft for viewing, I have receipts and registration documents for both which covers them against breakage etc.

Andre.
Lupostie
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »

Hi Andre would you be able to let me know what weight lines are on Ivan's reels, because I was honored to receive 5 roads from Ivan last year ranging from 6# 7# & 8# and I have not had a chance to really buy any lines in the 6 & 7# category's so if they are in that range I would be interested and to be honest I would give all that I could afford to Ivan because he is the BEST and its a crying shame that he can no longer go fishing let alone come float tubing. When I bought his float tube off him I was honored to be able to visit him at home and have a cup of tea, He is a REAL Gentleman.   

Andy Ward
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »

Andy, the reels are all gone together with numerous spare spools, the Chesterfield twosome gave me a very generous donation for Ivan's fund and took the lot.

I have some good brand new (boxed) lines left. I need to check the details when I get home but I'm sure there's an Airflo 40+ WF8 Clear Intermediate and a Snowbee WF7 Floater.

Andre.
vaughan
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 08:21:53 PM »

Hi Andre, is the Airflo Inflation Waistcoat still available? Thanks
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 10:48:42 PM »

Sorry everything now sold.

Many thanks to everyone who purchased/donated for Ivan, last week I transferred £775 to his account and over the weekend I sold the last Sage rod so we raised well over a £1000.

Andre
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: