British Float Tube Association
November 18, 2018, 03:17:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladybower- Sept 8th  (Read 616 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: May 26, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »

Sign up Below for Fishing Ladybower on September 8th. THIS COMPETITION WILL BE FISHED AS THE ANNUAL PAIRS MATCH.

Dave Carrie
Brian Heald
Steve Frakes
Ric Dunnett
Andre Russell
Dougie Shaw
Mick Woodcock
Iain Lindsay
Tony Barclay
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:24:40 PM by bracken » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »

Chemical twins
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 08:05:59 PM »

the preston pair
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »

Andre
dougie shaw
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »

I'll be doing Ladybower
Salmo7723
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »

Book me in for this one please
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 09:24:16 PM »

Looking to be there   Grin
Montanajoe
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:55:12 AM »

I should make this one as well.
dougie shaw
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »

I won't be entering the competition but am I ok to still attend? I'm C&R only
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »

Shouldn't be a problem Dougie. Enjoy yourself!
GaryC
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »

Sign me up please
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 05:38:29 PM »

See you on sat.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:35 PM »

The Venue:
Ladybower reservoir a significant piece of water in the Peak District built to provide water for the Midlands. Today it was obvious that we've had a long hot summer, the water level was 10-15 feet down. The depth of this water is quite awesome when you see the contours at low water level.

The Weather:
A gentle breeze and a persistent drizzle that stayed with us for the whole 6 hour competition.

The Anglers:
The steady six, Andre, Gary, Steve, Ric, Brian and Dave, a couple of Ladybower regulars Iain & Dougie, newcomers Mark and Mick, Bionic Martin and the well travelled Geordie who'd managed to join us from Ireland via Scotland - Tony B.

The Competition:
A double header, the Pairs Competition coupled with the standard Championship Match up.
10 anglers paired up for a 4 fish catch and kill match, Dougie and Mark preferred to take a catch and release option on the day. The pairs draw was quite ironic this year with Steve partnered with Ric and Dave paired with Brian. Newcomer Mick drew Ladybower ace Iain, current championship leader Gary drew the very dependable Tony B and Martin and Andre were the last ones out of the hat.

The fishing was prolific, lots of fish showing, advise from the lodge was fish the top three feet of the water, any pattern would work but Montanas seemed to be the favourite fished on a pull, pull, stop retrieve. This certainly worked for me as on the first cast back toward the bank I gave two long pulls then stopped and on the next pull fish on ! And so it was to continue throughout the day, sure you needed to change line density to keep the fly in the taking zone but if you were armed with a floater, an intermediate and a midge tip you couldn't really fail.

Blobs, Diawl Bachs, Damsels, Crunchers all worked and the fact that over 140 fish were landed between the 12 of us I think you can safely say that this was a really good day.

In the end it was going to be down to those who had the patience to wait for the bigger fish to show and ultimately that turned out to be Gary and Tony who came in at 4 o clock with two lovely bags of fish and deservedly won the converted Chairmens Pairs Trophy.

Everyone had at least one decent fish in their bag and all reported great sport.

We'd like to put on record our thanks to the fishery staff for their hospitality and friendly welcome, Ladybower is becoming one of the premier waters for float tubers, they are making a lot of effort to promote tubing and introducing more anglers to the art of belly boating.

Andre.

martin
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »

Congratulations to Gary & Tony on their win, and good report Andre, very enjoyable day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: