British Float Tube Association
September 23, 2018, 04:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Steve Parton Memorial match is now scheduled at Eyebrook for October 13th. We need a good turnout for this lively event! The Southern section matches have yet to be decided - so watch this space.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orvis SKB weekend 8 July  (Read 223 times)
buzzerman
Forum Member

« on: June 29, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »

Rich from SKB understands we have a match at Leighton on the Saturday but he will have a match again on the Sunday to accommodate tubers myself Rik Andre Tony B also think Mark and the Nomads will be there (don’t know what music the play) will be going on the Sunday so the more the merrier Dave C bookies are allowed  Grin
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:50:56 PM by buzzerman » Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »

I'm not there Steve, 60th Birthday bash (not mine obviously) in Cambridge. Leighton and Sweethope next for me, Thornton is a no-go area at the moment due to silly surface temperatures, Elinor struggling similarly,  not checked with Ringstead yet but will give them a call next week to check on conditions and book our August visit.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »

Please refer to the sign up page - problem at Leighton and they have had to cancel. Trying to get hold of everyone who signed up by phone and/or text.

Sorry guys.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »

Steve F has asked me to remind everyone that himself, Ric and Tony B are still planning to attend Ladybower on Sunday for the SKB day, there will also be other tubers there so if your disappointed about Leighton but fancy a days fishing with your fellow tubers then pop down to Ladybower. Could you please post if you intend to go as Steve needs to confirm numbers for the butties and BBQ etc.

Thanks Andre.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »

Brian and I will see you Sunday
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »

With the majority of Saturdays attendees now going to Ladybower on Sunday it seems sensible to me to make the Sunday meet a competition replacing the Leighton Comp. that was cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. Another one I shall miss though, what with the weather and the water authorities it doesn't look like I'll even register four results this season ! Oh well the Chairmans Report will make for more interesting reading in October !

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »

Look forward to the report Andre! I haven't fished for two months now either, (and the last time was in Cornwall), my next possibility is in a months time - who sorted this timetable?

Never mind, it has given me time to try and understand the Plymouth Bretheren's deeply felt Christian need to knock down half my attached joint garage and workshop and leave me with an eyesore resembling an industrial shed. Seems the Christian attitude only applies to their membership and all others can go to hell! Now know why they are called 'extreme bretheren'!? Need to go fishing to try and relax and get a new sense of reality!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: