British Float Tube Association
September 23, 2018, 04:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Steve Parton Memorial match is now scheduled at Eyebrook for October 13th. We need a good turnout for this lively event! The Southern section matches have yet to be decided - so watch this space.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LADYBOWER 8TH JULY REPORT  (Read 131 times)
davec
Forum Member

« on: July 09, 2018, 08:39:19 PM »

FISHING LADYBOWER IS ALWAYS A TREAT HARD FIGHTING FISH EVEN THE SMALL ONES. THANKS TO RICHARD JAMIESON WHO ORGANISED THIS COMP, THE BACON BUTTIES AND AFTER THE MATCH CHIPS AND SANDWICHES AT THE LADYBOWER INN,ALSO THE PRIZES FROM SKB FOR 1ST 2ND AND 3RD AND LARGEST FISH WHICH WAS WON BY TONY BARCLAY AND EVERYONE GOT A SKB MUG.
   THE WEATHER WAS ROASTING HOT SO MUCH SO THAT IAIN LINDSAY CAST ASIDE HIS WADERS AND VENTURED FORTH IN HIS SHORTS IT WAS THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED FOR DANGLING A MAGGOT FROM HIS TUBE BUT HE WAS LET OFF AS IT WAS ONLY A PINKIE. I THINK THE HEAT MAY HAVE ALSO GOT TO HIS PARTNER KEN HUDSON AS HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO WASH HIS FISH IN THE NET DISINFECTANT TANK. THE LOCAL FAMILIES AND TOURISTS DECIDED THAT THE RESERVOIR WAS A GREAT PLACE TO PICNIC AND SWIM AT THE DAM WALL SO IT WASN'T AS PEACEFUL AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED BUT AT LEAST THE ICECREAM VAN WAS THERE YUMYUM.
   GREAT DAY OUR THANKS TO THE STAFF AT THE FISHERY AND THE LADYBOWER INN GREAT BUNCH OF LADS AND LADIES
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:17:47 PM by davec » Logged
Clayts
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »

Re: LADYBOWER 8TH JULY REPORT
Bit of a contrast there Dave it was me in shorts and Iain had a full dry suit on so his pinkie must of been cooking....   Smiley It was very comfortable wet tubing and will do it again.. Steve F knows I like to don a pair of shorts and rips the kiss every time we meet up... :-)
Another great day at Ladybower with plenty of fish caught even in the hot weather a credit to the Fishery and staff... Got to be one of the premier tubing venues in the country imho.. And a thanks to SKB Rich for organising a top day...
Cheers,
Mark...
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »

Yes a great day where else in a heat wave can you catch 19 fish and even the small ones took line from the reel. Must say Mark’s shorts were of a better quality than the ones he normally wears. Good report Mr C and thanks again to SKB for a great event
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »

Sorry for the name mix up Mark and Iain  but at my age all pinkies look alike
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »

Hospitality, welcome  and organisation from Richard, Sue and friends/tubers outstanding as was the fishing considering the conditions.
Cracking social event.
Looking forward to a return in September.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: