British Float Tube Association
August 20, 2019, 01:37:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Proposed Schedule  (Read 2655 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 08:15:54 AM »

DATE CHANGE

The season in the south doesn't finish until October 12th I have therefore moved the AGM back to October 19th.

This years meeting will be held at the Ladybower Inn. Martin has booked space in the pub for us and food will be available from 16.30. Fishing prior to the meeting from 09.00 til 15.00, Autumn Trophy and sweepstake up for grabs as normal.

Andre.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

will we be fishing eyebrooke on the 25 as i have to book a hotel as i will be on my own i don't want to book another one and not go as there is no sign up on site as yet
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »

Chemical twins will be there and I know Mick Woodcock will be there not sure about the others probably fishing down south there does not appear to be any interest in the north chemical twins will not be at Thornton as there appears to be as much interest as the Barnsfold event
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »

if there is only going to be three at eyebrook I am not spending £40 on a room so I will not be at eyebrook and I cant do thornton as I am away this weekend
Salmo7723
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 06:35:24 PM »

Have just read you post Brian. I was hoping to fish both Thornton and Eyebrook but like you said if there is no support for either i can see your point. I thought there would be more fishing both of these venues. Will have to hope we get a few more for rest of season. I am only 1 hour 30 mins from both of these so might go for visit as have never fished Thornton before. Lets hope a few more decide to fish the comp. Mick Woodcock
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 09:38:14 PM »

Gary and I will be at the Eyebrook. I will be at Thornton on Saturday but I can't do Scaling Dam this year.

Andre.
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52:05 AM »

Can confirm Sweethope booked, I have never know fishing like it on any stocked water, more Mayfly than ever before profusion of food in the water. I havent done anything as yet re Scaling, last year it would have been two unless more numbers I will need convincing to travel 90 minutes each way.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »

Well done Tony, I'm up for Sweethope but I can't do Scaling this year.

Andre
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 01:19:15 PM »

Gents,

Fishing on Saturday it was said we have a comp at Einor on 13.7 and Ladybower on 20.7.19, can this be confirmed and posted, thanks
Ric
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 08:27:01 PM »

13th Elinor confirmed. My mistake on Ladybower nothing planned until the AGM.

Andre.
Montanajoe
Forum Member

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 09:03:01 AM »

I think Ric is getting confused with the SKB Event at Ladybower which is also on the 13th.

I think that Elinor should be rearranged as there will probably be a bigger turnout at Ladybower where there will be a few of the London and Lancashire contingent along with myself attending. We will be camping over the whole weekend with beer and BBQ. We usually have around 15 to 20 tubers there and I will be encouraging them to join the BFTA if they are not members already.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »

Thanks for that clarification Iain. Unfortunately I have already confirmed numbers to Ed at Elinor and I don't want to let him down as we have cancelled twice with him this season. On a personal note I wouldn't be able to fish Ladybower as I'm out early on Saturday evening and I wouldn't get home in time but thanks for taking the time to let us know what was happening. I knew I had something in my mind just couldn't think what exactly it was !

Tight lines.

Andre.
Montanajoe
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 08:57:49 AM »

Fully understand. I do like fishing Elinor and Ed needs all the support he can get.
I should have spotted the double booking earlier and made a proposal back then.
Next year we'll have to look closely at other events when making up the schedule.

Iain
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 10:41:25 AM »

Hi Iain it is a pity regarding schedule these are done early January and I have told Rich to look at our dates before booking events at Ladybower but alas this has not happened
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: