British Float Tube Association
March 23, 2019, 07:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next Comps will be at Burrator on March 23rd and Ladybower on March 30th

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: REPORT FOR TOFT COMP.  (Read 87 times)
davec
Forum Member

« on: March 03, 2019, 04:19:17 PM »

VENUE :- TOFT NEWTON 6 FISH TICKET KILL FIRST 6 THEN C&R 10AM TO 4PM £27.00

11 TURNED UP FOR THE FIRST COMP OF 2019 :- THE PRESTON PAIR; THE CHESTERFIELD PAIR; THE LEICESTER PAIR; THE DONCASTER PAIR; MARTIN FROM MANCHESTER; IAIN FROM DERBYSHIRE AND BOB FROM HOME.
 DUE TO ME AND BRIAN'S NORMAL BREAKFAST VENUE BEING CLOSED AND WE HAD TO GO TO A LOCAL MORRISONS INSTEAD WHICH MADE US A BIT LATE AT THE VENUE ALTHOUGH THE CHOICE BETWEEN A FULL ENGLISH AND BEING LATE FOR THE LAUNCH THERE WAS NO CONTEST. ON ARRIVAL WE FOUND THAT RICK AND STEVE WERE IN THEIR OWN CARS SO WE THOUGHT EITHER THEY HAD A FALLING OUT OR THE WEIGHT IN THE ONE CAR WAS TOO MUCH FOR THE SUSPENSION (FISHING GEAR I MEAN). IT WAS NICE TO SEE BOB AGAIN AFTER SO MANY YEARS (WHICH HASN'T BEEN KIND TO HIM). A PITY STEVE NAYLOR COULDN'T MAKE IT I ENJOY HIS COMPANY.

THE WEATHER:- LUCKILY THE HIGH WINDS AND RAIN FORECAST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK DIDN'T HAPPEN AND WAS PUT BACK TO SUNDAY. ALTHOUGH WE DIDN'T GET THE GREAT WEATHER WE HAVE HAD LAST WEEK, THE SUN AND LIGHT CLOUD COVER AND A FAIR BREEZE PROMISED A PLEASANT DAYS FISHING. UNFORTUNEATELY THE BREEZE PICKED UP A BIT WHICH MADE IT HARD TO HOLD STATION AND FOUND SEVERAL SUFFERING FROM CRAMP AND SORE KNEES WHICH ISN'T UNUSUAL FOR THE FIRST COMP. OF THE SEASON.

THE FISHING:- HARD GOING FOR SOME BUT ONCE THE CORRECT DEPTH AND FLY WAS FOUND IE SINK TIP OR MIDGE TIP (WHATEVER THEY ARE. WHEN YOU CAN GET A FREE ONE FROM TROUT FISHERMAN I'LL BE SORTED). ALTHOUGH STEVE FRAKES FOUND IT SO EASY THAT AFTER CATCHING FOUR FISH HE THREW THEM AWAY AND STARTED AGAIN.

NATURE:- SHELDUCKS, BUZZARD; A CROW AND A COUPLE OF WAGTAILS WERE EVIDENT PICKING UP ADULT BUZZERS (GREEN I THINK MY EYES AREN'T WHAT THE USED TO BE.

ASIDES : MY THANKS GO TO ANDRE FOR ORGANISING THE VENUE AND THE FISHERY MANAGER ALSO SPECIAL THANK GO TO GARY FOR HELPING THE AGED AND INFIRMED WITH THEIR GEAR BACK TO THE CAR AND BRIAN FOR PICKING ME UP AFTER I FELL ON MY BUTT TRYING TO TAKE MY WADERS OFF.

CHEERS LADS HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE NEXT COMP.

PS I THINK ANDRE HAS LOST HIS FINS AS HE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO DRIFT THIS YEAR.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:37:33 PM by davec » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:39:25 PM »

Great report Mr C I think the breeze was more of a gale judging by the aches in my thighs today. Well done the Doncaster pair with their various allimments on sticking it out in those conditions. Must say after Riks night out in Lincoln Friday night I think at his age he should stick to cocoa and early nights not seen him look like that since his stag night! Well done to the new lad Liam Gallagher aka Brian Wonderwall Heald
PS Mr C are you shouting or is it your eyesight that requires capitals  Grin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:10:04 PM by buzzerman » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: