British Float Tube Association
March 23, 2019, 07:11:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next Comps will be at Burrator on March 23rd and Ladybower on March 30th
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: March 16th - Elinor  (Read 227 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1145



« on: March 05, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »

Sign up below if you wish to fish the Elinor match on March 16th.

Tony Parker (with luck and a slight breeze).
Ric Dunnett
Steve Frakes
M. Woodcock
Dave Carrie
Brian Heald
Gary Cragg
Carl Ward
Martin Mayers
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:05:21 PM by bracken » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 587



« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »

Chemical twins
Logged
davec
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 578


« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »

preston pair
Logged
Salmo7723
Forum Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 11


« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »

M Woodcock for this one
Logged
martin
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »


I will be there on the Saturday,
Logged
wardy
Forum Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 59


« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »

All going to plan I should be there
Wardy
Logged
GaryC
Forum Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 43


« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »

sign me up please
Logged
martin
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »


Just checked the weather for Sat, forecast is 45mph between 10am  16.00pm with heavy rain.
Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1145



« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »

I was afraid the weather might do that Martin. Not much use to me if it comes on as forecast - I must admit that it has been blowing a 'hooley' here as I rediscovered my FT and pumped it up a couple of hours ago. Typical, as there are not many meets I can get to again this year.
Logged
Salmo7723
Forum Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 11


« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »

Have just checked forcast for Sat and it does look like its going to be very windy. Is the match still going ahead or can we rearrange?
Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 562



« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

Just spoken to Ed Foster, no boats have been allowed out for the last three days due to gusts of wind up to 55mph. The forecast shows we are in this current system for the next few days with no real improvement until Monday at the earliest.

For good orders sake I have also contacted the Eyebrook and Thornton, both are in a similar position & are advising customers that boats will not be available.

It is with regret therefore that I have decided to cancel this weekends meet. I will of course talk to Ed regarding a reschedule & I will advise in due course. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but I'm sure you will agree that I have to put the safety of our members first.

Andre.
Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1145



« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 01:54:55 PM »

Sad to hear, but a very wise move Andre. you are doing a grand job Mr. Chairman.
Logged
davec
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 578


« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »

sad day but thanks for keeping us informed Andre.
Logged
Terry
Forum Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 129



« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 10:20:41 AM »

Sad for everyone who was looking forward to it, but safety first. In a way I am glad (for me) because I couldn't make this weekend and I like Elinor. Maybe I will be able to make it if it is reorganised.
Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 562



« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »

Good call to cancel it's blowing an absolute hooley here today, no way would we have fished.

Looking at the calendar I think we might have to do some venue swapping to fit Elinor back in. I like to support Ed where we can because he's a long standing supporter of the BFTA. Personally I can't make Scaling Dam this year and this venue had to be cancelled last year due to lack of support. One option is to pull this meet and shuffle the remaining venue dates to open a best fit in terms of geographic location ie. people not having to travel to the same area week on week. Does this make sense ? Let me know your thoughts I'll offer a revised plan early next week if my new boss will let me put the wallpaper brush down for an hour or so !

Andre.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!