British Float Tube Association
July 04, 2022, 04:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thornton Report  (Read 1625 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: June 24, 2019, 06:01:18 PM »

Only five for this meeting so it was decided to go for a C&R format.

Thornton is literally fishing it's head off at the moment, one season ticket holder netted ninety fish in the last week. Buzzers are in abundance & spooning one of the fish I killed it was evident that they are gorging themselves on these tasty little morsels.

The boats were anchored in the previous weeks hot spots before we launched but this was no real issue as we proved that the fish were well spread. Ric, Steve and myself kept well away from them and ventured down the Thornton arm. Steve and I managed to pick up a couple of fish each on buzzer, mine taking a small olive pattern. Ric wasn't having much luck around this area but no matter as he would come in to his own later in the day. Iain joined us for a short time and managed one fish. Mick shot off toward the dam, he was catching but quite slowly.

After an hour or so we all moved toward the public car park and switched to intermediate lines and washing line set ups, this also proved very successful. Eventually Ric moved over to the wood bank and we could tell by the fact that he didn't move that he must have been catching. Sure enough at the 'weigh in' Ric confirmed eleven fish netted most taken on buzzers.

This was a really pleasant day with some excellent fish netted. On my season ticket I'm allowed to take eight fish per trip, today I took four absolutely fin perfect specimens for a bag weight of twelve pounds the rest of the guys all reported returning some stunning fish, our thanks go to Ifor for hosting us and joining in the post match banter !

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:06:57 AM »

Nice succinct report Andre. Wish I could have been there.

I had intended coming to Thornton until Tuesday, when I ended up in agony and a back brace once again - how did I achieve this? Very simply by bending down and picking up a small tray of geraniums for the resident gardener! Even hooligan hound is giving me a bit of sympathy for this one and being a bit careful about hurtling up the lounge and onto my lap - she is now stopping most of the time and asking permission to come up. (Perhaps she is getting concerned about the cussing)!

Now whose ingenious idea was it to put a fixture on in the midlands smack in the middle of the British Grand Prix weekend? There is not a snowballs hope in hell of getting across from the West, (Oxford area - or many miles north and south of this), to Elinor on that Saturday! Somebody forgot to factor this one in this year, please remember for next years schedule.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »

Good report Mr Chairman pairs at Toft sounds good to me just a date required
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: