British Float Tube Association
August 20, 2019, 02:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: August Competitions  (Read 156 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: July 24, 2019, 08:37:51 AM »

Morning all, with the temperatures hitting 30 degrees and looking to hold for the next few days it should come as no surprise that the shallow waters in the midlands have now entered the 'dog days'

We have Eyebrook scheduled for August 10th and we discussed Toft for the pairs comp possibly on the 24th (now realised this is bank holiday weekend). In my opinion, If the hot dry weather continues then both venues will be a waste of time fishing wise and I would not recommend travelling. Obviously we don't need to make any decisions yet but let's bear in mind that we may need to do some schedule changes.

Andre.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:40:21 AM »

can you let me know as soon as pos then as I have booked a hotel for eyebrook then I can cancel it should be able to get money back from this one

Cheers Brian

Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »

The 10th of August is a couple of weeks away, so it is difficult to forecast what the weather might be doing on that day. I agree if the weather is as it is at the moment it would be extremely difficult fishing, but I don't get many opportunities to get afloat so would like to get out when I can. Perhaps one idea would be to re-arrange it, but if the weather looks OK, you know, light ripple, overcast and decent water temperatures, we could perhaps still turn up and treat it as a meet? It would give Brian and others a chance to plan ahead with more confidence. Just my thoughts.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:57:38 PM »

Fished the Eyebrook today, got pretty much what I expected. One pull at 12.30, nice fish 8lb 6oz Brownie but nothing else to show for the day. One bank angler took a rainbow off the dam fishing the bung.

Water temperature today was 20 degrees at 8 o clock. The forecast for next week is generally warm and dry. I have contacted Brian and let him know the score he is cancelling his hotel. Gary C and I are not fishing due to other commitments.

Andre.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:35:48 PM by andre » Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »

EYEBROOK IS CANCELLED.

Ifor has just text me to advise boats/tubes will NOT be let out tomorrow due to high winds.

Andre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: