British Float Tube Association
April 04, 2020, 04:02:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thornton March 28 - Sign up  (Read 176 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: March 12, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »

Andre
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »

The Preston pair
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:31:42 PM »

Chemical twins
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »

It's on my calendar.
SWarren86
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 01:20:25 PM »

I'll be there, Steven Warren
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 03:43:54 PM »

Gary C, Gary H & new member Steve A looking to attend so could be a very good turn out. Let's hope the water clears after the stupid amount of rain we've had in the last couple of months !

Andre.
wardy
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 06:57:50 PM »

Pencil me in
Wardy
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »

Thornton is still on for those who are prepared to travel. Gary H has dropped out due to self isolation and Dave C will not be there.

For the rest of us these are the instructions from the fishery :-

Upon arrival do not congregate in groups, tackle up and launch.

We have been offered a 4 fish competition ticket (with C&R) the cost is £22.

Please either the call the lodge 01530 230807 prior to the meeting and pay by credit/debit card, alternatively you can BACS Transfer the money - Sort Code 56-00-55 Acount 34628002.

Only one person at a time will be allowed in the lodge.

No tea or coffee will be served.

After fishing I will arrange with Ifor to have the scales outside for recording the individual catches, you must then tackle down and leave the venue.

All a bit draconian I know but it's either this or we don't meet up. I wouldn't rush to get paid up just yet as I personally believe that as so many people are still ignoring the sensible requests of the government and health experts we may be in a total lockdown situation by next weekend. The reservoir has been mobbed over the weekend with members of the public walking around similarly local parks have been busier than ever and have subsequently now been closed to the public. As you know the reservoir is under water authority control and these bodies are the most risk averse so if the idiots continue to walk after they've raped the supermarkets it shouldn't come as a surprise if the facilities are closed.

Let's do our bit to be sensible and let's hope we can continue to enjoy our sport together as a socially distanced group.

Take care, hope to see you at the weekend.

Andre.
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:11 AM »

Regrettably, I have to consider my wife's long term health problems, as well as my own. We both have underlying health problems and it has been some time since we celebrated our 70th birthdays, so I think it sensible to stick to the house as much as possible and will not be coming to Thornton. Best of luck to those who do go, have a great day.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »

As predicted. Albeit quicker than I thought, due to the irresponsible idiots Severn Trent have closed all their facilities !

If you think it may be a good time to do some DIY or the garden, park that one as well as the supermarket locusts are now clearing the shelves of your B&Q and Wickes.

Be sensible, stay safe and I'll keep you posted on what the private fisheries around here are doing.

Andre.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 04:33:54 PM »

sorry about that what about Elinor as I have a hotel booked so do I need to cancel as of now
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »

Until further notice all BFTA meets are cancelled. I'll review the situation again at the end of April.

Stay safe, keep in touch.

Andre.
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »

Sussed it the chairman started the world wide virus cos he is top of the table and he is wants his name on it again. Stay safe everybody lets not have anybody missing when we get together soon.
Ric.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: