British Float Tube Association
June 02, 2020, 10:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: preparing the next meet and venue?  (Read 121 times)
phil p
Forum Member

« on: May 10, 2020, 06:32:22 PM »

Think its time to put some ideas down on the place to meet up for when we can cast a line. In the coming weeks, i would think we will be allowed to meet up. we should start to get ideas down so we can be ready for picking the dates as well as keeping the safe social distances.  picking the size of the next venue could be important if loads want to go.. well its on gov web site can fish from Wednesday 13th. so toft is open any one thinking of other places.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:54:51 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »

Advice remains the same. Water Authorities to decide if their public spaces can be opened and where allowed you must stay local. No matches or gatherings until 'phase 2' is approved (no date advised). Therefore no revised schedule will be issued until further notice.

Stay Safe.

Andre.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 12:44:08 PM »

thrybergh not open yet.there supposed to be ringing me monday 18th, im not holding my breath. toft is open Wednesday 13th. still think people should be careful wheres theres others about. mask and goggles should be worn. be safe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 02:30:17 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »

Latest from here - as soon as the guidelines are clarified, the water authorities (Severn Trent for Thornton, Eyebrook & I believe Ladybower) approved and new operating procedures are in place then we will be given a date for re-opening. Fishery Managers are keen to get going but will not compromise health & safety, something we all need to bear in mind because any 'stuff up' and we'll be back to square one.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »

Eyebrook open on Friday, strictly limited numbers, places have to be booked in advance with the lodge.

No opening dates yet for Thornton or Draycott.

Check web sites or Facebook page for full details/rules.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »

Both fisheries are now operational and running with strict guidelines in place. 5 tubers only allowed on each water. Boats restricted to 10 on Thornton & 14 on the Eyebrook. This means plenty of room for moving about completely unhindered - to be honest it's been an absolute joy ! Gary C and I have been to both venues. I've done twice at each Gaz once to Eyebrook, twice to Thornton. Results as follows:-

Eyebrook 1 - Andre 9 fish
Eyebrook 2 - Andre 20, Gaz 7
Thornton 1 - Andre 10, Gaz 7
Thornton 2 - Andre 10, Gaz 17

Eyebrook fish were free feeding on the top and taking Diawl Bachs and Cormorants interesting though, when gutted they were full of snails !

Thorntons fish were on the damsels fished on a floater on day one but an intermediate was required on Friday when we fished under shelter of the dam in 30mph gusting winds.

Both venues are worth a visit but you must pre-book and pay before you travel due to the strict limitations.

I know Ladybower, Toft and Elinor are all now up and running perhaps if you've visited you could post how you got on. Any news on venues like Barnsfold ?

Andre.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:22 PM »

Good update Mr Chairman Ladybower opening on the 28/5 to members and DCAC it opens to the general public on the 1/6.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:00:38 PM by buzzerman » Logged
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »

Barnsfold has been open since 13 May, only one person allowed in the lodge at one time , keep to social distancing and
pay in the  normal way. It was suggested that there was up to 50 people at one time over the weekend!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: