British Float Tube Association
July 09, 2020, 11:09:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: preparing the next meet and venue?  (Read 270 times)
phil p
Forum Member

« on: May 10, 2020, 06:32:22 PM »

Think its time to put some ideas down on the place to meet up for when we can cast a line. In the coming weeks, i would think we will be allowed to meet up. we should start to get ideas down so we can be ready for picking the dates as well as keeping the safe social distances.  picking the size of the next venue could be important if loads want to go.. well its on gov web site can fish from Wednesday 13th. so toft is open any one thinking of other places.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:54:51 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »

Advice remains the same. Water Authorities to decide if their public spaces can be opened and where allowed you must stay local. No matches or gatherings until 'phase 2' is approved (no date advised). Therefore no revised schedule will be issued until further notice.

Stay Safe.

Andre.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 12:44:08 PM »

thrybergh not open yet.there supposed to be ringing me monday 18th, im not holding my breath. toft is open Wednesday 13th. still think people should be careful wheres theres others about. mask and goggles should be worn. be safe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 02:30:17 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »

Latest from here - as soon as the guidelines are clarified, the water authorities (Severn Trent for Thornton, Eyebrook & I believe Ladybower) approved and new operating procedures are in place then we will be given a date for re-opening. Fishery Managers are keen to get going but will not compromise health & safety, something we all need to bear in mind because any 'stuff up' and we'll be back to square one.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »

Eyebrook open on Friday, strictly limited numbers, places have to be booked in advance with the lodge.

No opening dates yet for Thornton or Draycott.

Check web sites or Facebook page for full details/rules.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »

Both fisheries are now operational and running with strict guidelines in place. 5 tubers only allowed on each water. Boats restricted to 10 on Thornton & 14 on the Eyebrook. This means plenty of room for moving about completely unhindered - to be honest it's been an absolute joy ! Gary C and I have been to both venues. I've done twice at each Gaz once to Eyebrook, twice to Thornton. Results as follows:-

Eyebrook 1 - Andre 9 fish
Eyebrook 2 - Andre 20, Gaz 7
Thornton 1 - Andre 10, Gaz 7
Thornton 2 - Andre 10, Gaz 17

Eyebrook fish were free feeding on the top and taking Diawl Bachs and Cormorants interesting though, when gutted they were full of snails !

Thorntons fish were on the damsels fished on a floater on day one but an intermediate was required on Friday when we fished under shelter of the dam in 30mph gusting winds.

Both venues are worth a visit but you must pre-book and pay before you travel due to the strict limitations.

I know Ladybower, Toft and Elinor are all now up and running perhaps if you've visited you could post how you got on. Any news on venues like Barnsfold ?

Andre.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:22 PM »

Good update Mr Chairman Ladybower opening on the 28/5 to members and DCAC it opens to the general public on the 1/6.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:00:38 PM by buzzerman » Logged
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »

Barnsfold has been open since 13 May, only one person allowed in the lodge at one time , keep to social distancing and
pay in the  normal way. It was suggested that there was up to 50 people at one time over the weekend!!
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 09:29:32 PM »

Quick update for the few that read the posts on here.

Gary C and I were at Thornton again today, fished really well, Gary is having a 'dream season' on this water, double figure catches on every visit including two 17's. Just the 10 today and 9 for me.

Eyebrook is also fishing it's head off with great top of the water sport. Fished with Tony B just over a week ago, I had 7 fish mainly on a foam backed sedge Tony was scoring well on damsels and uv Diawl Bachs. Both venues worth a visit as anglers are limited so there is plenty of room on the water and less pressure on the fish. Booking is essential as you have to pay prior to your visit.

Andre.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 09:45:50 PM »

Well done Gaz nice to see old golden balls being thrashed by someone other than me Cool Me and Rik have joined Derbyshire County Angling Club lots of waters and guest tickets at Ifor’s fishery’s plus Toft Ladybower Blithfield  Formark and Carsington 4 of the club waters allow float tubing was at Willington today and had 19 left Rik there and he was on 14 Hope to catch up with you all sometime in the near future
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »

Well done lads will be glad when I get my release date
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »

Fishing for us 'shielded' old gits is just a dream Dave. It will be a long time before they even loosen the shackles off us if they want us to continue drawing our pensions!??

I gather that Andre's home turf is not the place to visit just at present, and some say that they are thinking of locking Leicester down again. Not sure that I would want to risk it, despite Andre and Gary cleaning the stock of fish out. 

Having read Ric and Steve F's posts - it's quite interesting to note that there now appear to be far more FT waters up north than in the midlands - despite the United Utilities debacle.

As an aside: there was a lot of kerfuffle a couple of months back about trout farms potentially having to kill and bury fish because supermarkets were not buying them. Did any of these fish get released into reservoirs at slightly higher than cost price to rear - or is that too simple an idea?
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »

Just spoken to Russ re the AGM, at the moment there is very little chance of us being able to meet at the Sandpiper in October. Obviously his business has been through a very tough patch but since restrictions have been eased the deferred bookings have taken the option to reschedule to the later summer and autumn.
We will talk again in a few weeks to see if a later date may be open for us.

In terms of business for the AGM there is not going to be a lot to discuss. Meetings are still not an option in the midlands due to restrictions on numbers on the premier waters, the smaller waters are unlimited but you run the risk of very busy fisheries with no social distancing possible particularly on an adverse wind.

I personally am open to a meet up later in the year as much as a social event than any formal meet.

Just returned from the Eyebrook where the fishing has again been excellent. 18 fish to the net all taken on cormorants & Diawl Bachs. Netted 20 last Friday including a 5lb+ brownie which was safely returned. To answer Tony P question, the fish farms have offloaded their fish stocks & Ifor has taken advantage with all three of his waters fishing extremely well (unusual for this time of the year).

Keep in touch, stay safe.

Andre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: