British Float Tube Association
October 23, 2020, 12:45:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comps for 2012  (Read 7368 times)
Lupostie
Forum Member

« on: January 03, 2012, 05:24:25 AM »

Sorry to ask this question Lads but is there a list I can simply look at to see which venues are confirmed and at what dates.

Andy Ward
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »

Sorry, not yet!

A rough draft was made at the AGM, but there are a couple of other factors involved in the decision regarding some of the venues - which we are still awaiting news about. It would be silly to have booked somewhere else when a possibly better water becomes available for the same date. Until some dates are permanently set, the others cannot be fitted around them.

Rest assured, the Committee are trying to get the best venues and dates sorted, and the list will eventually appear with the proviso that some of the dates will need to be finally confirmed - (and hopefully not cancelled in a similar debacle to that which occurred beyond our control in 2011). At least one new water in the NE is currently on the list for confirmation, so you will have to book a long weekend off Andy, and take Booby Wag on a trip to Scarborough to get within range!?

Patience is a virtue!
Lupostie
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »

Thanks Tony but do I have to take BOOBYWAG !!!!!! she always spends so much money
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:14:19 AM by Lupostie » Logged

Andy Ward
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »

At least if you take Boobywag with you, then you stand at least half a chance of keeping an eye on the bank cards for a couple of days. Now having seen what she managed to fill the car with last time you were both at Bushyleaze, when she escaped to Swindon, I can understand your concern that there may not be room for you and your kit to get back home from Scarborough Fair.

What you really need, is to get a nice float tube and a pair of waders for her to get on the lake, - where there are not too many retail outlets for her to 'do her thing' with!? (I'll bet I'm due a hand-bagging for this next time I meet her)! Also remember that I did offer to let Boobywag have a go in a pretty substantial 'Daytripper' tube which I own - (if she gets herself a pair of waders - sadly my spare waders would be a mite long in the leg, and possibly a tad restrictive in one or two other areas). You really could keep an eye on her then though. Regrettably, this would restrict the supply of chocolate eggs for ravenous fishermen however!?

Lupostie
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »

YOU MUST REALLY LIKE BEING SLAPPED BY BOOBYWAG. i WILL HAVE TO PRINT THIS OUT NOW AS SHE IS WORKING IN HER OFFICE DOWNSTAIRS. I FOR ONE CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HER REACTION TO YOUR REPLY !!!!!!

Andy Ward
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: