British Float Tube Association
January 29, 2020, 02:46:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: curley's trout fishery near Bolton  (Read 3523 times)
davec
Forum Member

« on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »

this trout fishery was having a charity weekend. and I decided to have a look see. I didn't fish, it was for future reference as there are only a few up this end that allow tubing. ( bloody UU) There is a web site if you google the fishery, worth checking it out although only three foat tubers are allowed on at any one time so you have to book in advance. The owner is a float tuber so we had a little chat and was made to feel very welcome.  
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »

Went to Curley's fishery with Brian and Martin. athough the weather at first was misty and drizzly it soon changed to less misty and drizzly the fishing in the morning session was better than the afternoon probably because we were still digesting the bacon and egg barm cakes and tea. we were made very welcome by Mike and his staff and had a good chinwag with him during lunch and at close of play Martin 4 fish; Brian 6 fish and me 8 fish. we will definately be paying many more visits to this well run fishery. £17.50 for 6 hours catch and release can't be bad. Brian paid for the butties so i suppose it should be me next. I may not manage the next one. Grin

kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:11:54 AM »

I fished here about seven years ago and had a good day catching most of the fish on dry's.  You can get a good breakfast in the cafe on the site , I expect Dave you spent more time eating than fishing.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »

Hi Kevin,
              I caught some on a dry sedge pattern. similar to a favourite pattern of yours. As for the food, you have to get your proirities right as long as somebody else is paying, I'll keep eating  Grin 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: