British Float Tube Association
November 17, 2018, 07:04:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 AGM - Thornton  (Read 4567 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

The AGM will be held at Thornton Reservoir on Saturday October 26th.

The format of the day is 'free and easy'. This is not an official meet or a competition.

The AGM will start at 2.00pm.

Some members have stated they intend to fish others will just turn up for the meeting.

I will be there in the morning with Steve N and Jez, for me it will depend on the weather, if favourable then we will be in the water for around 8.00am and off for 1.00pm (my usual Saturday leisure day hours).

Ifor has a range of tickets from 1 fish C&R to a six limit bag, so up to you.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Andre.
Russ
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »

Why the early meeting time? Kev and myself probably won't be able to get there until nine ish, and on the water for ten, so won't give us much time for fishing. Make the meeting 4.00pm as usual!
Russ
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »

Agree Russ, I want to fish, preferably some type of comp.
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »

Hi chaps, I must say I agree with what the lads are saying about going for a later meeting and fishing longer lets make a day of it.
Ric
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

Hi,
       I would turn up if it was normal comp fishing hours. I will put it to Brian if this is agreed.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »

Never say that democracy is dead - after speaking to Russ and Kev we have changed the finish time to 3.00pm with the AGM starting at 3.30pm. The day remains free and easy so turn up and fish and then off for the meeting. I have to come off early as Ifor and Jill are not at the fishery on that day so I have to organise the room and the food (soup and bread), and get everyone away in a timely manner for the temporary baliff to clean down and lock up.

For next year it has been suggested by more than one member that we resurect the 'backender trophy' and make the AGM day a one off competition - seems like a good idea to me and will make the travelling worth while.

Thanks for the input - I do listen and respect your views, I hope this compromise is ok.

Andre.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »

Sadly I will now have to leave at 3.30 due to another engagement.. Andre can you collect the trophy in my absence.

I will however be there until 3.00 so should see most of you

Steve N
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

You can be presented with the trophy before we start fishing. If we all stand in the water and you stand outside the lodge we will all be on your level!!!
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 07:39:29 PM »

Hi all,
            Brian and I will be attending the AGM now that there is a bit of fishing going on.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »

Phil & Dave M will be there.

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
John Dagnall
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »

Hi Andre,

I will be leaving the motorhome and Ann at home and coming by car for the fishing and AGM.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

please accept my apologies. I will be unable to attend the AGM  this year as my bout of gout in the knee has not completely gone and I now also have an upset stomach. so I have gone from not being able to walk to having the runs. oh happy days. Smiley Shocked Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: