British Float Tube Association
December 02, 2021, 04:04:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbleball October 12th  (Read 4829 times)
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: October 13, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

Result of Wimbleball Comp October 12th

Name                            Fish Caught                     Fish Weighed                   Total Weight               Position

Russ Whitmore                     4                                    4                             6lbs 8oz                         1
Dave Williams                       2                                    2                             3lbs 1oz                         2
Kevin Primmer                      2                                     2                             2lbs 12oz                       3
Steve Naylor                       8                                     1                             1lbs 8oz                         4

Kevin Bush                        Did Not Weigh
Richard Shaw                    Did Not Weigh
Tony Parker                      Did Not Weigh         (Caught one rainbow and two browns - returned one brown).

The last three anglers all left early so may have caught fish but did not make the official weigh in.

7 anglers caught 19 fish of which 9 were (officially) weighed for a total weight of  14lbs 13oz  Thanks to Kevin Primmer for organizing this event and to all who turned up in poor conditions.

Steve N

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:31:46 PM by bracken » Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »

Actually I did weigh the fish which I caught and killed, and left the results in the returns box.  The two fish I kept weighed 3lbs 4ozs. I returned another brown which weighed a guess 1.1/2lbs. (The rainbow weighed 1lb 4ozs the brown weighed 2lbs - Dave Williams had a close view of the latter and saw me catch the rainbow).

You are correct I did miss the Official Weigh-in having left the water early with back and knee aggravation. For interest even leaving at 3.40pm it still took me four hours to get home. Another one and a half hours driving in the dark, (and rain at my end ofthe trip), was not worth the hassle because of the late weigh in time.

Where did you find those fish at the end of the afternoon Stevie? You disappeared from view after I finned back across the arm and then let the wind blow me back to the sailing club. The guys in the boat told me you had not caught anything when I spoke to them about 2.50pm ish! I only had one brown going up by the wood and that was the only pull I had in Bessoms.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:35:07 PM by bracken » Logged
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »

I got all my fish in a 45 minute bonanza almost under bessoms bridge. When the boat moved  out I moved in and had fish rising all around me. A chamge to klikhammer saw 8 fish in as many casts.
 Most were wild browns in the 1.5-2lbs class..I was reluctant to kill siuch magnificent fish so as points did not matter I returned them bar one.

Steve
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »

Most comps we only allow rainbows to be weighed in Browns are returned .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: