British Float Tube Association
November 30, 2021, 09:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Competitions 2014  (Read 14431 times)
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: November 04, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »

15th Feb           2014                 Toft Newton                                 Steve Naylor        Confirmed
 1st  March       2014                  Walton Hall                                  Ric Dunnett          Confirmed
15th March       2014                  Lockwood Beck                             Steve Naylor         Confirmed
29th March       2014                  Elinor                                          Steve Naylor         Confirmed
12th April         2014                  Wimbleball                                    Kevin Primmer        Confirmed
26th April          2014                 Colwick Park                                 Steve Frakes        Confirmed
10th May          2014                  Thornton                                     Andre Russell        Confirmed
24th May          2014                  Blagdon                                       Kevin Primmer       Confirmed
  7th June         2014                  Drift                                            Dave Williams       Confirmed
21st June          2014                  Barnsfold                                     Martin Mayers      Confirmed
  5th July          2014                  Blackdyke                                    Darren Lee           Confirmed
19th July          2014                  Sweethope                                   Tony Barclay        Confirmed
 2nd August      2014                  Eyebrook                                      Andre Russell
16th August      2014                  Ringstead                                     Andre Russell       Confirmed
 6th September 2014                  Thrybergh                                     Dave Minogue
13th September 2014                 Thornton - S Parton Memorial            Andre Russell       Confirmed
20th September 2014                 Ladybower                                     Phil Pickard          Confirmed
11th October     2014                 Kennick  AGM and Back End Trophy    Kevin Primmer       Confirmed
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:35:39 PM by bracken » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:56 AM »

Hi Kevin I thought we had Colwick Park for April as well.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:37:23 PM by stevieN » Logged
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »

Colwick Added

Steve N
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

I am looking at September 13th for the STEVE PARTON MEMORIAL at Thornton.

Andre.
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »

Hello chaps,

Went in to Fly Only today a tackle shop in Huddersfield (Monday 2nd December) and asked about tubing at Walton Hall trout fishery and spoke to Vicky and she thinks that they would probably willing to have a comp/meeting and would close the water to boats for the day to allow tubes a free range, with a lack of waters for the northern lads I thought I would post this and see what you think if there is an interest I would be happy to have a word and see what I could sort out.

Ric.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »

Ric, can you find out when Walton Hall opens...

Suggestion of mine would be to move the Toft Newton Comp to Feb 15th and slot Walton Hall in on March 1st

Any thoughts ??

Steve N
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »

There is a thread already open (fishery reports) on Walton Hall fishery providing links to both the fishery and flyonly (they also have the new shop in Harrogate). When I spoke with Vicky I got the impression the fishery was open all year as part of the hotels leisure facilities.

Re Lockwood Beck below is from Goron Byers report for the week including March 15th of this year.
[i]Well last week was bad but this week was even worse with 4in of snow on Wednesday and 50% of the lake frozen on Thursday no anglers on Monday Tuesday or Wednesday.
[/i] Grin

Ps Steve and Kevin I sent you both pms before the AGM re Sweethope.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »

Would it be possible to speed up the venues confirmed asap for Lockwood Beck and Elinor so Brian and I can book into the Travelodges and Colwick,Sweethope and Ringstead when possible for the same reason. No pressure but these bookings are non refundable and it would break my heart to lose this money Cry Cry Cry
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »

I notice that ringstead is in august again will it not be as last year very weedy.
John Keeley
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »

Walton Hall - I think we would be hard pushed to get more than 5 tubes on !!??

JK

ps HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

Just to update you all on Lockwood.

I have spoken with Gordon Byers, Fishery owner. For those of you who know Lockwood, there is a small concrete bridge going over the spillway, between the car park and the lodge. This is being replaced by Northumbrian water during February. The plant used will take up most of the car park.
With this in mind, I cannot confirm the Lockwood Comp at this time. Gordon will have no parking and no access until this is finished, hopefully in time for our March 15th Comp. Gordon will keep me updated and i will give you regular updates

Steve N
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:58:35 PM by stevieN » Logged
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

thanks for the update Steve lets hope it works out well for us a great fishery. Withe reference to John Kealey's comment I am a bit bemused that he said there is only room for 5 tubes. Its a 25 acre lake with 7 boats which if we have a comp there they might be willing to stop boats to give us free reign on the water how much room does he need? 
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »

If my memory is correct, I believe Bushyleaze fishery at Lechlade is 22 acres and we have fished full competitions on there many times. Indeed, Tim Small ideally wanted 30 float tubers on it in order to close it for us to have sole access. I think we managed 27 once. However, it is largely because of this high number of required float tubers that we no longer fish full competitions on this water, but instead use it for casual meets and days out.

If Walton hall is the 25 acres that Dave states it is, and it is all accessible to float tubers, then there should be no problem for a competition. Hopefully the water is not shallow or weeded in large areas where a tube cannot get to - such as on the delightful Caistron fishery.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »

Walton hall is 25 acres.  when have a comp, the owners will give us exclusive use (no boats) and there is no bank fishing so  we should be okay for room.
Being an early season comp. there will be no weed problems.

Down to Ric Dunnett to organise now....over to you Ric

Steve N
Darrenvsl
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »

Hi All

I recently meet up with Stuart from Eyebrook fishery at xmas. He mentioned to me that Eyebrook would be interested in holding a competion day! Do give me a
call and I would be happy to follow up.

..Darren

p.s please confirm Blackdyke 5th July, The fishery is all back to normal and fishing its head off at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: