British Float Tube Association
January 24, 2022, 11:47:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Competitions 2014  (Read 14783 times)
fishicist
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »

Confirming Sweethope on the 19th of July 2014.
I have negotiated fishing prior and post meeting if required.
For those wishing to enjoy the balmy Northumbrian summer I have made all necessary arrangements. For full details please pm me or contact via fishicist13@yahoo.co.uk

John Keeley
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »

RE Walton Hall - I must have had my binoculars the wrong way around !!
Either that or the level was down a foot - very shallow !
No further comment  Lips sealed
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »

Hello all
The owners from fly only are on a break at the moment and are due back on the 21st I will keep you all posted on the outcome.
Ric
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »

Collwick Park confirmed for the 26/4/14 6 fish ticket not sure price for this year yet should be around £23 there will be no float tube launch fee to pay for BFTA members confirmed by the fishery manager.

Directions:-
Post code for the cafe at Colwick is NG2 4DG not far from the venue small breakfast (starter for DaveC) £4 large breakfast £5.

Directions for cafe from the road leading from the city centre is the roundabout just prior to the Virgin Media centre located on the right hand side of the roundabout you can see it from the road Daleside Cafe. For the fishery head past the Virgin media centre and carry straight on - the first sign for Colwick country park is NOT the entrance for fishing, carry on when you see the Toby Carvery at the second set of traffic lights after this turn right onto Mile End road, then take a right turn onto River Lane (small track) follow this round and you will see the ticket office where the barriers are.
Ric the Red
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 06:54:51 PM »

Hello Gents,
I have spoken to Walton Hall and they are pleased to give us exclusive use for a comp on the 1st March. Please post if you are going to attend. It would be good if we can get another fishery in the north as a regular venue. Me and the little fellow will give it a go closer the date and check the local breakfast places for Mr C and I will post a report on the food.
Ric.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »

Evening tuber's the comp at ladybower is now booked. i will put the ticket on later as im trying to get a six fish ticket and kill first 3.  thanks for your time on this. ive asked for the fishing area to be made bigger as well.

phil

An up date,6 fish, launch, bacon egg sarnie and drink before, burger tea/coffee after £30 how is that.All fish optional using barbless hooks.

There is tubing on lady bower on every third Saturday of each month.There is a tubing day on the 15th, 29th of march. water is very high and well stocked ill be going on the 29th to check the fishing out. Phil

another note: you may or may not now. But Joe public can not go on ladybower in a tube without them first being a (B F T A) member.
Its a B F T A water only Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:50:25 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

That sounds excellent Phil hope the sarnies are big enough for Mr C!!
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »

Steve there was a roadside cafe wagon in a lay-bye just before the turning into the reservoir road last time I went. if so the sarnie will be a nice top up. as for the burger I am sure there is enough room in my tube for emergency rations if I throw some of my fly boxes out.
John Keeley
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »

RE ladybower

I have sent my spare priest to an engineer to reduce the size of the head & shorten the handle by 3 inches in preparation for the competition !! Grin
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »

I had the a similar problem John but it wasn't my priest  Cheesy
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »

Ringstead is confirmed for August 16th.

Fished it last Saturday, bagged up just after lunch. Nice fish, 5 for 11lb. Stocking policy has been reviewed for this season with stocking now taking place fortnightly. Some bigger fish are being put in but fish over 10lb have to be returned.

The overall depth of Ringstead means that this is predominantly a floating line water. I went out with a floater only and took fish on a very small damsel and green buzzers.

The weed is being cut on a regular basis, some areas (near the lodge) have weed virtually up to the surface, this should be being cut this week. The Addington Road bank was clear, the deep corner is clear.

John the baliff is working hard to get Ringstead back on the trout fishing map and it would be nice if we can show him a bit of support for this one. sign up if you intend to come along.

£27.00 for 5 fish (includes launch fee)

Andre.   
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: