British Float Tube Association
December 08, 2019, 09:59:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnsfold - 21st June:  (Read 6500 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: February 27, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »

Martin Mayers
Dave Carrie
Brian Heald
Kevin Primmer
Steve Frakes
Ric Dunnett
Phil Pickard
Kevin Butterfield
Andre Russell
Steve Naylor
John Keeley
John Dagnall
Dave Minogue

Just to remind you all, the fees for a 4 fish ticket are £24.00...inc launch fee. It is a self service ticket system so you will need the exact change
Fishery Postcaode is PR3 2NJ.
Morrisons breakfast (open at 8.00am ) postcode is PR2 6 BX

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:49:21 PM by stevieN » Logged
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:46:46 PM »

I will be there.Its got some good size fish in and they go a bit. Its a good tubing water.how do we pick who goes on which water first.we have to swop at half time?!! do we pick out of a hat or just go on which water you want to. as we have to split into 2 groups.ill be on the A team Wink

phil

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »

See you there.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 01:31:01 PM »

preston pair will be there
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 02:39:25 PM »

I will be up north so i will fish this one

Kevin. P
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »

The Chesterfield 2 will be there
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

The front page states that Barnsfold is a meet. Is it not a competition? Any advice on where to get a breakfast near the water Mr C?
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »

I wrote it up as a meet as I understood that the water was not really big enough for a competition, but have never been there so don't know.

I guess that because 'Pot-hunter Russell' will be present, he will use his power to decide whether it is a competition or not (after the match)  - depending on whether he has won or not.

I thought that this water together with Blackdyke were to be classified as meets when the original list was drawn up, but will probably be over-ruled by the bullies!? There are enough present, if all turn up, for a competition - if there is enough room on the water so that you do not all get in each others way. If it is to be held across two lakes how will fairplay be decided?

No squabbling now!
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 12:52:47 PM »

the clue is in the list...it clearly says "PROPOSED COMPETITIONS" in red at the top. then it says "confirmed "by the venue !!

Barnsfold is, and always was, a competition. It will be fished on both lakes with a draw taking place to decide which lake you start on. After 3 hours we will all change lakes and fish the next three hours on the other lake. Four fish limit...with catch and release.

Re Blackdyke, again is, and always was, going to be a competition, provided at least six people sign up to go.

Steve N

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:54:33 PM by stevieN » Logged
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »

well done Steve F on your win. In answer to your inquiry about breakfast places I don't know of any near the venue but there are a few in Preston depending on which way you come in.  If you let me know I will find out for you. as I only stay 20 minutes from the reservoir (THIS IN NOT AN INVITATION) I have no need to use one myself.
brian
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »

Can this be confirmed is it a comp or a meet as there is eleven going to this compared to drift as only four on the list for this what constitutes a comp or meet
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »

Cheers Mr C we are coming via the motorway so it looks like we will have to find something nearer are end.
John Dagnall
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

Please book me in.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 08:31:10 AM »

I answer to Brian..what constitutes a comp vs a meet. We have always said, if there are six or more anglers, and it is on the list at the beginning of the season posted by the committee then it can be classed as a comp. Although Drift only had 4 names posted, We knew that in addition to the four, there would be at least six anglers from Cornwall, all members, but who never put their names on the list. If there had have been less than six, then it would have been classed as a meet.

Barnsfold has always been a Comp, hence it is confirmed in the list.

Steve N
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

with reference to breakfast morrisons discount store eatery is open at 8 am. If you are coming via m6 take junction 31 tickled trout head into Preston you'll come to a little roundabout take second exit this is blackpool road pass Perry car sale room on the left morrisons is just after that. when sated turn left on blackpool road turn right onto a6. follow the same route if you come off the a59.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:25:12 PM by davec » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: