British Float Tube Association
December 08, 2019, 09:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnsfold - 21st June:  (Read 6499 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »

With reference to meets and competitions.

I was talking to Kevin P. a week or so ago, and he told me that Blackdyke wasn't a competition because the venue was not capable of taking more than about 10 float tubes maximum. If 15 people wished to turn up and fish this would cause a problem. Previously it was classified as a meet because of this reasoning. I don't think in the present event it will be a conundrum because at present the numbers are below 10 - but it could happen as we do not always get notifications from members wishing to go along.

As an aside: If anybody wishes to contact me on my normal talktalk email, I have been having a lot of problems over the last three days where it appears to have been hacked. Several attempts were made over the previous week to get into it, and were filtered by the system, but finally one seemed to get in which stopped all emails getting to me for at least 2 days. This afternoon after talking to a couple of people in India, I have managed to reset the passwords and can now get to my inbox by a tedious route. It would be interesting if a few of you who have my personal email address send me a greetings message to see whether it gets through. Thanks for any help.

T.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »

just a quick up date for my self and Dave M we will both be attending this meet now. Grin

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »

Martin and myself fish today,  the fishing has been hard for the last few weeks.  Martin managed 2 fish and I managed to catch 3. We only fished from 10 am to 3 pm. We only saw a couple of fish caught by the bank anglers. Approx 15 of them fishing
One of the lakes is very green.  

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:52:20 PM by kevin1 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: