British Float Tube Association
December 12, 2018, 01:47:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ringstead Grange - 16th August  (Read 4030 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: February 27, 2014, 05:32:38 PM »

Lovely lake not too far from Elinor:

Andre Russell
Tony Parker
Terry Thomas
Steve Frakes
Ric Dunnett
Allan Kippen       (Visiting but probably not fishing)!
Dave Carrie
Gary Cragg
Dave Minogue
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:33:11 PM by bracken » Logged
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

Andre
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:48:24 PM »

not for me sorry.

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
Terry
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

I'll be there.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »

The Chesterfield 2 will be there
wardy
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »

Ahh really like this venue, cant make it this time as have a Half Ironman Triathlon the following day  Angry
harley424
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:31:53 PM »

yes please
looking forward to it
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »

Just me Dave C
Darrenvsl
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »

Sorry can't make the 16th, Hammers first game of the season against the Spurs!!! ...Darren
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

Hi all,

I've been asked to clarify why our popular member Alan Kippen is not fishing with us at some of the meets he signed up for, and why I wished him well in my last report. As far as I am aware, only Kevin P. and I knew his problem. However, although I find this difficult to write, Alan has agreed to me enlightening the membership of his unfortunate situation. Briefly, he collapsed for no apparent reason a few months ago. It was subsequently discovered that he had a brain tumor - which has been operated on. The biopsy sadly showed that the tumor was a very aggressive version 4 and he now has to make the best he can of his time.

Alan has been advised not to fish from a float tube, and is therefore reluctantly giving up the full participation in matches. He does however want to come and visit us at some of the meetings to catch up with friends and share in the banter - which he misses! He doesn't want members pussyfooting around him, and is bravely quite stoical about his situation. All being well, he will join us at Ringstead on the 16th for a natter and leg-pull.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing him there.
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 03:40:48 PM »

Gutted I love fishing next to Alan and catching lots of fish when he couldn't get a pull. Seriously looking forward to seeing Alan at Ringstead
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »

Gary C and I will be at the Kettering Little Thief (In the middle of the road works) for 8.00am breakfast if anyone wants to join us.

Fished Ringstead last Saturday with Gary, Steve and Ric. Fishing was difficult in the morning session but got easier as the afternoon wore on, Steve and Ric were bagging up as Gary and I left the fishery - finished early cos I wasn't winning so I took my kit home and spent all weekend tying the flies that the chemical twins were catching on.  Bring on competition Saturday !

Andre.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »

I am staying overnight at the travelodge Wellingborough Rushden so I am having a mini breakfast at the adjoining little thief there. Looking forward to the comp. If you feel a presence looking over your shoulder at the flies the three of you are tying on it will be me, so NO carpark flies please. 
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »

Is that the Little Chef close to the Waitrose shop just off the A45 roundabout Dave? If so, I could come and join you and observe just how you down two Olympic breakfasts in 10 minutes. I guess I could be there around 8.00am if I wake up in time!

Tony

I reckon with my showing at Eyebrook, Andre could publish full details of these flies and I still wouldn't catch. It's nice to know the lads have been practising hard isn't it Dave? Anybody know where Andre sources his fish attractor solution?
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

I caught 7 on black cruncher, olive cruncher and golden olive damsels lost quite a few too, it was very weedy so I used a floating line, had nothing but weed on the midge tip never gave the intermidiate a try. Rik had his 8 on damsels and cruncher including a good 1 at over 4lb. Andre fluked his 2 on a olive dawel bach. Gary had 1 on a tungsten bead nymph. A boat was anchored up fishing under a bung and they had a few too, fishing buzzers I think, myself and Rik tried buzzers and we never had a pull. Quite a lot of fish topping but despite throwing every combination of dries at them never had a rise.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: