British Float Tube Association
December 08, 2019, 09:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Next up Eyebrook August 10th & Pairs Competition at Toft. Both to be confirmed.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladybower - 20th September  (Read 4603 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: February 27, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »

A large Northern Reservoir with promise:

Steve Frakes
Ric Dunnet
Dave Carrie
Brian Heald
Phil Pickard
Dave Minogue
Martin Mayers
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:53:12 PM by stevieN » Logged
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

have a look on there face book!!. Some nice fish going in Grin. They start boats tomorrow Tony. I would be there in the morning.But this walton Hall comp had to be looked at. Hope its a good turn out on lady bower on the 15th.ill be at the lockwood comp so cant get till later on. Ill be going to try it out on the 29th march if any one fancies having a flick ill see you there.

phil

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:30 PM »

The Chesterfield 2 will be there
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »

Hi lads well me and Dave fished it the other day and it fished the same as last time. Angry i had a fishfinder on and only spotted a few fish there were 4 tubing and i had an 8oz trout and daves was just a bit bigger. i lost 3. the other 2 lads who fish it every week or so on the boat and bank fished very close in. and they had a few more.It seems to me that its not the right area on the res to tub. the manager said he put 500 fish in again and not much sign of them. if alot of us turn up how many would we be catching if the local top anglers are only having the odd few. ill not be fishing it again on the tub and Dave said the same please let me know if we should have this comp at another venue. like toft as i dont wish to see some of us travel so far and not catch again. thanks for your time Phil p
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:37:14 PM by phil p » Logged

buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »

Hi Phil think we should still fish Bower in order that we have now got a foot hold with Severn Trent and may well lead to other opportunities ie Rutland. If the area set aside for tubing is not producing the fishery manager should get feedback from the tubers who fish every 3rd week and hopefully the issue will be addressed. I asume that you let him know your feelings after your outing. Maybe Steve (Blue Licer) on the fly fishing forum would be able to bring a bit more influence on the lack of fish in the area.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »

me and dave m talked to geoff the manager and he said the severn trent would only let us fish from that spot and never will be changed and wishfull thinking it may lead to more waters.at that time of year the water is down alot so it will be even worst as ive been advised by local lads. i for one am so upset to think i will not be tubing it again as its my local water.i will not be fishing the comp my self, im not waisting my time. if you wish me not to cancel it thats ok by me. but i think every one should have a say in this as there is alot of lads who travel along way and to only catch one or none is not on imo. but who am i to say. its a shame that the area isnt a good one on  the res.But there it is. the area will never be changed. Geoff the manager said he cant.so ill ask everyone now to say if they will be going or for me to cancel. please let me know at colwick. thanks phil.

My update:After reading what buzzerman has said and talking to Dave m, he reminded me of what Kevin p had said to us a while back, about getting the chance of other waters. so With that in mind. I now think we should fish ladybower after what buzzerman has said as well.There maybe a small  chance we could get other waters. so ill be fishing ladybower. as it has been said to me we have to take the bad with the good.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:40:39 PM by phil p » Logged

stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »

I cannot make this one

Steve N
martin
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »

Cannot make this one.
davec
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »

The Preston pair will be there
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:51:04 PM »

Hi lads, just an update on the comp - talked to the lads at ladybower and there has been a lot of 7lb and nine lb fish put in a week or so ago. Only a couple have been caught, so there's a lot of big fish still go at. If you Look on their face book page, there,s a nice picture of a 7 or 9lber on there. Its been fishing quite well over the last few weeks. I was told that a lot of fish holding deep at moment so with that in mind it is deep  where we launch. Ive been informed that there are more fish have gone in last week as they have been put in every week or so to build the stock up. As you know its a big water, the lads have done well to get the place up to what it is today on a small amount of resource's, building Ladybower up season by season. I know we haven't had a very good comp there yet sadly. We will see if its a lot better this time.The fishing at the other end of the reservoir seems to be the place to catch most of the season im hoping you all stay the distance. As im trying to get the tubing comp moved to the other side near the lodge end. if only once to see if it is better for us.This may take a season or 2 but it will pay off in the end.It was touch and go at first  just to get the B F T A on there!, so we had to take what was given ie (area) we fish at that time. I have fished the other end near the lodge on a boat and it fished great. why it fishes better that end I don't really know. hope ive not gone on to much. See you all down at the lodge sat price is  £30.    6 fish ticket, bacon and burgers in the morning with drinks and food after the comp. any questions please ask. thanks Phil

further update a good stocking today, (Wednesday) just had a call from Geoff from ladybower fish are being taken from the bank at Raspberry bay this morning quite high up. it should be a good day with the weather change as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:11:02 PM by phil p » Logged

martin
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »

See you there on sat. Martin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: