British Float Tube Association
November 30, 2021, 08:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thornton Social Meet May 3rd.  (Read 3593 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: April 28, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »

Steve F, Ric and myself will be at Thornton on Saturday from about 8.00am. If anyone wants to join us you'd be most welcome.

Andre.
stevieN
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »

Unfortunately, I will be doing a Demonstration day At Lockwood Beck, Promoting the association

Steve N
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »

You are a hero, hope everything goes ok, perhaps a gentle reminder that we don't climb on to the tube to spot or chase big fish would be appropriate.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »

Steve W, Steve F, Ric and myself had a bit of a paddle around Thornton last Saturday. fishing wasn't easy, weather conditions were generally bright with a flat calm any breeze that did pick up was a cooling easterly, not good for this water.

Steve W and I fished the Wood Bank from opposite the lodge to the first life buoy. I picked up the first fish of the day on a gold head damsel fished on a sink tip, had a few pulls but nothing sticking. Steve W fished an intermediate with an apps bloodworm and buzzer and connected with three fish in a short period, he was fishing a very slow retrieve. I switched to a much more traditional set-up (HiD and two boobys) and managed to bag up.

Steve F tried Green Bay, he picked up one fish, he moved over and joined Steve W and myself and started to catch on the intermediate set-up, Ric also joined us and started to catch as well. Both were on about six fish a piece when I left. 

Plenty of fish on the water but you'll need favourable weather conditions for the weekend. Good luck to all attendees.

Andre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: