British Float Tube Association
August 11, 2022, 12:32:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ringstead Open / Demo Day  (Read 4445 times)
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: August 19, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »

At last Saturdays competition John asked if we would do a BFTA Demo on his planned Open Day. This is scheduled for Saturday October 18th. This is a free day with a hog roast thrown in, primarily it is meant as a thank you to the anglers that have supported the fishery through this, Johns first, season.

Tony and I discussed the possibility of us attending, unfortunately my social secretary has reminded me that I am otherwise committed, a 40th birthday bash for a family member up in Newcastle.

I have called John and explained my situation, the offer is still open to our members if anyone wishes to attend. If it is of interest would you let me know please.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »

Steve W and Tony P will be representing the BFTA at Ringstead on October 18th. All members are invited to attend there is a free hog roast supplied.

Andre.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »

It would be great if one or two other members could attend this day. It works out much better if there are a couple on shore explaining the kit and technique etc. while another couple are fishing on the water.

There is a possibility that we may be able to introduce a famous fisherman / journalist to float tubing and take him out onto the water at this event. Any other help would be greatly appreciated. If we know who will be attending, then parking places near the lodge will be made available for these members to make it easier to set up and get kit to the water etc.

It should be a good day out for all participating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: