British Float Tube Association
April 03, 2020, 04:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First meeting has been confirmed, sign up now for Toft Newton.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Events 2015  (Read 23724 times)
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »

I may do the same Kevin and fish the river hodder for the day before heading back.seeing as the river is just up the road.tickets are from the post office ill ask my mate to get mine in advance of the meet. MArtin that sounds good a warm fire.Kevin it costs £20 to stay over the road where i stay how much is it at the hark.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:28:59 PM by phil p » Logged

Even a trout would not of got into trouble if he! had kept his mouth shut!!!
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »

this picture is about a mile walk from the tea rooms.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:20:58 PM by phil p » Logged

phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »

just a couple of pictures of the runs on the hodder where i fish.most can be wadded and  about 5 miles of river.all for around a tenner
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:23:46 PM by phil p » Logged

kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 05:20:38 PM »

I have been to bristol water today to sort out Blagdon , we can not get Saturday 2nd due to other competitions, they have given us Sunday 3rd May.

If you are going let me know as I have to get the tickets sorted the week before the comp.
dave
Forum Member

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »

Thrybergh is now confirmed for 5th Sept, same format as before.More details nearer date.

Dave M.
kevin1
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »

Date                                         Venue                                            Organiser                              Confirmed

21st  Feb.        2015.              Toft Newton                              Steve Naylor                Confimed    
14th  March.     2015.             Thornton                                   Andre Russell
28th  March.     2015.             Elinor                                       Steve Naylor              Confirmed
11th  April         2015             Barnsfold                                  Martin Mayers             Confirmed
18th. April.       2015.             Wimbleball                                Kev Primmer                Confirmed
25th. April.       2015.             Colwick Park                              Steve Frakes               Confirmed
 3rd May.        2015.               Blagdon                                   Kevin Primmer.             Confirmed. (Sunday)
 9th.  May.       2015.              Drift                                        Dave Williams               Confirmed
23rd. May.       2015.              Ringstead                                  Andre Russell
 6th.  June.      2015.              Lockwood Beck                           Steve Naylor                Confirmed
6th.   June.      2015.              Kennick                                    Dave. Williams. South
13th  June       2015               Rutland                                     Andre Russell
20th  June.      2015.              Burrator                                    Dave Williams
 4th.  July.       2015.             Blackdyke                                  Darren Lee
4th.   July.       2015.             Siblyback.                                  Dave. Williams. South
18th. July.       2015.             Sweethope                                 Dick Barton
 1st.  August.   2015.             Thornton                                   Andre Russell
1st August        2015             Burrator                                     Dave Williams
15th. August.   2015.             Eyebrook                                    Andre Russell
 5th.  September 2015.          Thrybergh                                   Dave Minogue               Confirmed
19th. September 2015.           Ladybower                                  Phil Pickard                 Confirmed
26th. September 2015.           Stithians                                     Dave Williams
 3rd.  October.    2015.           Kennick                                      Kevin Primmer
17th  October     2015            Thornton (Steve Parton Memorial)   Andre Russell
24th. October.    2015.           Barnsfold. (AGM).  Backend. Comp. Martin Mayers             Confirmed

Can Organisers please confirm when booked

Reference Blagdon, we cannot get Saturday 2nd due to other competitions already booked every Saturday this season - they have given us Sunday 3rd May. If you are going - let Kevin P. know as the tickets have to be sorted/collected the week before the comp.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:16:55 PM by bracken » Logged
buzzerman
Forum Member

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »

Collwick Park confirmed for the 25/4/15 6 fish ticket not sure price for this year yet, should be around £24 there will be no float tube launch fee to pay for BFTA members confirmed by the fishery manager. New rule is take first 6 fish then catch and release.

Directions:-
Post code for the cafe at Colwick is NG2 4DG not far from the venue small breakfast (starter for DaveC) £4 large breakfast £5.

Directions for cafe from the road leading from the city centre is the roundabout just prior to the Virgin Media centre located on the right hand side of the roundabout you can see it from the road Daleside Cafe. For the fishery head past the Virgin media centre and carry straight on - the first sign for Colwick country park is NOT the entrance for fishing, carry on when you see the Toby Carvery at the second set of traffic lights after this turn right onto Mile End road, then take a right turn onto River Lane (small track) follow this round and you will see the ticket office where the barriers are.
dave
Forum Member

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »

Sorry lads but not well enough to fish Toft Newton, will try to make Thornton.

Dave M.
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 04:54:23 PM »

Sorry to hear that Dave - I was looking for some moral support from another GTN addict.

It's probably just as well you will not be present if the long range forecast is correct, it could be another Sou Wester day in the maelstrom similar to last year. Now just where did I put that new anchor?
Lupostie
Forum Member

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

Can I believe my eyes, you of all people buying and using an anchor, my god what is this world coming to. You of all people using an anchor when it was you (and a few other select members) that a few years ago took the pee out of me for using my anchor when fishing. Next thing you will be telling me is that you will be using boobies to catch all your trout. No I cant believe you'd be that daft. Mind you pigs might fly ha ha ha Huh? or perhaps you will tell me you use your flippers when anchored up like a rod rest just like I do.
No it must be because of your growing disabilities just like me or is it because our age just keeps getting further down the line. Oh well what ever the reason I am proud to have you as a member of the anchor team. Ha ha

Andy Ward
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »

Had to get a new one cos I lost the other in the gale at Toft last year - not by using it it; so where it went I don't know.

I rarely ever use one! I think the last time may have been at Stocks a few years back in the hurricane we all tried to fish in - where even dragging an anchor through the weeds made the tube travel at a better than brisk walking pace! However, last year at Toft was pretty tough going in the wind so an anchor might just save the day, wheras it finished for me and a couple of others very early on last time.

See you at Bushy on Wednesday Andy. Don't forget to get Booby Wag organised on the Bacon Baps before she disappears with the bank cards! Are you taking a trailer to put the fishing gear into to get it home this time? After her spending spree last time I met you there, it was more than a little restricted in the car I seem to remember.
phil p
Forum Member

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »

hi lads well ive just got off the phone and was talking to a mate about going the the AGM and fishing the hodder the day after. He's the lad who picks my tickets up for me for the river Hodder. well he said he could get a couple of guest tickets for the river aire which is just down the road from the hodder a rare chance to fish this.so if there is any one who is stopping at the pub where Kevin is staying and fancies a cast on the river the day after  barnsfold meet let me know. its alot better fishing on the aire than the hodder. just thought i would treat someone oh (dave m) Grin has first refusal.

The River Aire is a limestone stream and has abundant insect life, the Brown Trout and Grayling are possibly the fittest and heaviest length for length in any Yorkshire Dales river. Fish on the River Aire will respond to most methods with upstream dry fly or nymph taking most fish when fly fishing. Spiders as usual (fished upstream) take their share but stealth and a careful approach are essential if you are to catch fish as often the water on the River Aire is cut glass clear.

The river Aire is challenging water, with its overhanging trees and deep holes, you will find deep slow stretches, fast shallows and steady runs of around five feet in depth where you can trot a float. The baits used are most commonly red worms and of course maggots, but bread flake and crust can also produce results. Lob worms certainly work on this river when the water is high and coloured. Be careful when reeling in those big trout though or you may lose it one of the Aires monster pike.

S.A.A. rights are; Skipton side: From the Carleton stone bridge, down to the fifth field below the Snaygil railway bridge including parts of Eller Beck up to the cemetery on the road side (1 1/2 miles approx). Carleton side: From the field over which the former railway line crossed on Heslaker Lane down to the first field below the Snaygill Railway bridge (2 1/2 miles approx). Please note that some fields are shared with Bradford City AA.

Source location - Malham Tarn, North Yorkshire Elevation 377 m (1,237 ft)

Mouth - River Ouse – location, Airmyn, East Riding of Yorkshire elevation 5 m (16 ft)

Length 114 km (71 mi)

Basin 1,004 km2 (388 sq mi)

Discharge for River Ouse – average 35.72 m3/s (1,261 cu ft/s)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:44:07 PM by phil p » Logged

Lupostie
Forum Member

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »

Hi can you tell me if Thornton reservoir is confirmed for march, if so can I say that BOOBYWAG and myself WILL be along. Plus we also hope to be at Elinor as well. Thanks. Andy

Andy Ward
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »

Andy, Thornton confirmed for March 14th. normal times to apply. Water condition not great at the moment but forcast good for this week so hopefully everything will be good for our meet.

Andre.
andre
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2015, 03:44:27 PM »

Been to Thornton this morning with Steve F & Ric. Conditions there are very poor, high water with only 6 inches or so of visibility. There has been a stocking this week and to date there's only been a few hundred fish taken from opening day on Feb 1st. I managed a couple of fish and a boat angler anchored 10 yards from the bank managed 3. Steve and Ric blanked, along with the other dozen or so a anglers out today. Last weeks catch was in single figures.

I need a quick 'straw poll' what do you want to do for next weeks comp. do we gamble on the conditions improving, there is something like 3000 fish in the place, or do we look to change venue, Steve F suggests Elinor.

Please post or those with my number give me a call.

Andre.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: