British Float Tube Association
December 11, 2017, 04:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The next competition will be in 2018!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AGM Report - 2014  (Read 3877 times)
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« on: January 06, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »

MINUTES OF THE 2014 AGM - HELD ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 11TH 2014, AT THE SANDPIPER GUEST HOUSE, TORQUAY

MEMBERS PRESENT:
Andre Russell, Tony Parker, Kevin Primmer, Steve Frakes, Richard Dunnett, Russ Whitmore, Martin Mayers, Steve Naylor, Gary Cragg, Dave Williams, Jim Shaliker.

APOLOGIES:
Dave Carrie, Brian Heald, Jez Dye, John Dagnall, John Even.

MATTERS ARISING:

There are no matters arising from the 2013 AGM

SECRETARY / TREASURER REPORT:

Number of paid up members stands at 73. This is a very slight increase on 2013.

The competitions/meetings went well again this year. Thank you to all of those members who organised these events. There does now seem to be a core of members who regularly attend the meetings and each event is a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

In terms of finance we have £1342.43 in the account. The web administration charge is still to be accounted for but there is no issue with this. Once again the membership has raised the issue of fees. The bank balance remains relatively stable through each year it is generally felt that if there is enough money in the bank to enable us to run the Association then there is no point in raising fees just to put addition money in to the coffers. Russ Whitmore proposed that the fees stay at £10.00 this was seconded by Dave Williams and passed unanimously by the meeting.

Steve Naylor proposed acceptance of the balance sheet, seconded Martin Mayers, meeting agreed.

CHAIRMANS REPORT:

2014 has been a relatively quiet year and straightforward year, good relations have been maintained with our fishery friends. We saw a welcome return to the Eyebrook fishery where we were very well treated and had a most enjoyable day. No controversial press releases or bad publicity. Thanks to the efforts of Steve Naylor, one serious incident involving a novice tuber at Lockwood Beck was kept in perspective and there was no adverse effect on our sport.

The Steve Parton Memorial Trophy Match was a disappointment in terms of the result, (we were soundly thrashed), but the event itself was once again a tremendous success. I firmly believe that this type of event raises our profile and does absolutely no harm in improving our standing with the boat fishing fraternity! Thank you to all members who attended – maybe we can put a little more effort in next year !!!

So to the domestic season for 2014. The Chairman had a good year! at one point it looked as though he could make a clean sweep of the honours - finishing in the top two or three at every event. It has to be recognised though that we have some very talented fisherman amongst us, and I noticed a little more competitive edge came out from one or two stalwarts to ensure the cocky Leicestershire lad wasn’t going to have it all his own way.

Steve Frakes put in a shift and a half at Thryburgh to deservedly take the Open Trophy for this venue. The most improved angler of the season was, I believe, Martin Mayers, his catch rate is improving season on season and today he got some reward for his effort by taking the ‘Backend Trophy’ at Kennick with a nice cash prize of £60.00 as a bonus. Well done Martin.

The Chairman did get his share though - with the Pairs Trophy won at  Eyebrook where he was just about supported by his partner Tony Parker, (had to get that one in Tony), and eventually the award of the Jim Clements Cup as the overall champion for 2014.

ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
It was proposed by Steve Frakes and seconded by Ric Dunnett, that the incumbent officers be re-elected en-bloc. The meeting carried this proposal.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Venues for 2014 were discussed and an outline plan established. The Chairman, Kevin Primmer & Steve Naylor will firm up some dates and publish a preliminary calendar on the forum. The Chairman took in to account the comments that members had posted prior to the meeting re dates; particularly for the Steve Parton Memorial where a request was made to bring this competition on to the same weekend as the Burton Fly-Fair. The request to get Rutland back on the calendar was also discussed. There is however an issue with Anglian Water at the moment, as they appear to have introduced a £10.00 launch fee. Andre Russell will talk again with Rutland Water to see if we can get an event for June next year.

Andre Russell
Chairman

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:01:12 PM by bracken » Logged
bracken
Administrator
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »

A very concise report, (albeit a somewhat egotistical screed in places). It only took me a half hour or so to edit it Andre, so I have to report that you did well lad! I'm a slow reader though! Has the hangover from the Sandpiper dungeon dissipated yet??!!

As for Eyebrook - in my defence I gave you sterling support and encouragement and openly marvelled at your genius throughout the day. (What was that fluorescent orange Berkley stuff that you were using on your flies)? I even distracted the others from coming to poach from your tight shoal of naive stockies! I must admit to being hampered by busting a new Legend five piece rod early afternoon. (I now have a four piece pile of junk, because the Cretins at Royal Mail lost the section being returned for replacement, and Legend will not replace a section without the scrap bits)! Royal Mail then refused compensation for losing the package. Whatever happened to the service we used to enjoy and trust?

The Pairs trophy does look nice sitting on my cupboard though. Dave Carrie must be missing it this year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: